12 Exceptionally Rare and Valuable Comic Books That Are Worth a Fortune
- Action Comics #1 was worth approximately $3.2 million. Detective Comics #27 was worth approximately $2.1 million. Marvel Comics #1 was worth approximately $1.2 million. Amazing Fantasy #15 was worth approximately $1.1 million.
- All-Star Comics #8 was worth approximately $936,000.
- Batman #1 was worth approximately $567,000.
- Superman #1 was worth approximately $507,000.
How do you know if a comic book is valuable?
The cover price of your comics is the quickest and most accurate way to identify whether or not they are of “good quality.” Almost all comic books have the retail cover price at the time of publishing printed on the front and back of the comic book cover. The valuable ones will have 10c, 12c, 15c, 20c, or 25c on the front cover, while the less valued ones will have no denomination.
Are any comics from the 90s worth money?
Despite the fact that the comic book business was experiencing difficulties at the close of the twentieth century, some comics from the 1990s are still worth enough money to make Bruce Wayne sit up and take attention. Nonetheless, the scheme occasionally worked, resulting in the creation of rare comic books that are today worth in the thousands of dollars.
What 2000s comics are worth money?
The following are the top ten most valuable comic books published in the decade of the 2000s.
- Batman (1940) No
- The Amazing Spider-Man (1963) No
- Spawn (1993) No
- Invincible (2003) No.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2008) No.
- The Walking Dead (2003 No. )
- The Amazing Spider-Man (1963) No.
What are the most valuable old comic books?
The Top 20 Most Expensive Comic Books That Have Ever Been Sold
- The following comic books were published in 2011: 1) Action Comics #1 ($2,161,000.00)
- 2) Action Comics #1 ($1,500,000.00)
- 3) Amazing Fantasy #15 ($1,100,000.00)
- 4) Detective Comics #27 ($1,075,000.00)
- 5) Action Comics #1 ($1,000,000.00)
- 6) Detective Comics #27 ($657,250.00)
Who is richer Marvel or DC?
Unspoiler alert: Marvel films outnumber DC films in terms of both number of films produced and amount of money made. Marvel has produced 48 films, which have grossed a total of $11.8 billion in North American box office. DC has 29 films in production, with a total budget of slightly about $6.7 billion.
What 80s comics are worth money?
Comics #11 – #20 from the 1980s that are the most expensive on the market
- The Amazing Spider-Man #252 (1984):
- Gobbledygook #1 (1984):
- Daredevil #181 (1981):
- The Amazing Spider-Man #316 (1989):
- Superman (1988):
- Vampirella #113 (1988):
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 (2nd Printing)
- 2021 Update: The 2nd printing is the poor man’s first printing.
How much is the Wolverine comic #1 worth?
If you happen to have a copy of this highly sought-after first appearance of this legendary Marvel Comics superhero, you’ve scored a fantastic treasure. This one has worth even if it is in really bad condition. It’s worth at least $200, if not more. If it’s in excellent condition, you’re talking about $10,000 or more!
What modern comics are worth money?
The Top 10 Most Valuable Key Issue Comics of the Modern Era (As of Today)
- The Walking Dead #1
- The Walking Dead #2
- Batman Adventures #12
- Preacher #1
- Chew #1
- The Amazing Spider-Man #300 Chromium
- Spawn #1 (Black and White Reprint)
- NYX #3 (Black and White Reprint)
Are comic books from the 80s and 90s worth anything?
Approximately 90 to 95 percent of all comic books released during this time period are now worth only a fraction of their original cover price, according to current market estimates.
What comic books are hot right now?
Without further ado, here are the top 25 comics from this month!
- Amazing Spider-Man 361 from 1992 first appearance of Carnage $300.00
- Batman 89 from 2020 first appearance of Punchline $55.00
- Batman the Long Halloween 1 from 1996 $75.00
- Batman Vengeance of Bane 1 from 1993 first Bane $100.00
- Batman the
Are variant comics worth collecting?
This is why variant covers can be worth far more than standard covers if the variant cover is both popular and unusual. It is worth approximately the same, if not less than the conventional cover in all other aspects.
Are new comics worth collecting?
Modern comic books are excellent for both collecting and reading for pleasure. If you want to make a long-term investment out of a fraction of your complete collection, you might consider concentrating on investment-grade volumes. To meet the investment-grade criterion, most Modern Age comic books will need to be rated at least a 9.8 on the scale used in our example.
What is the most valuable comic book ever sold?
A comic book showing Spider-debut Man’s appearance has broken the record for the most expensive comic book ever sold, according to the Guinness Book of World Records. Earlier this week, a copy of the 1962 comic Amazing Fantasy No. 15 was sold at Heritage Auctions for an astounding $3.6 million dollars.