Singapore’s 17 Best Places to Donate Books and More (with a 2020 Update!)
- Help a Child – Donate a Book.
- FairPrice Share-A-Textbook Project.
- Marymount Youth Network Book Donation Drive 2020.
- Sony’s South Africa Mobile Library Project (SAMLP)
- Migrant Library Singapore.
- 8 One Bag One Book.
- 8 One Bag One Book.
Where can I donate used school textbooks?
4 locations where you may donate your outdated textbooks
- Take advantage of the NTUC FairPrice’s Share-A-Textbook promotion. Formerly known as the FairPrice Used textbook Project, which was organized by NTUC FairPrice on a yearly basis, this textbook collecting drive is currently being held. National Library Board Book Exchange Corner.
- Dignity Mama.
- Blue recycling Bins.
- National Library Board Book Exchange Corner.
How can I donate old school books?
What should you do with your outdated textbooks? Donate Your Books To Those In Need In Your Community
- Libraries: The first place to think about giving your textbooks should be your local library.
- Thrift Stores: Another option to consider is a thrift store. If there are no libraries in your area, you can always try thrift stores.
- Books to Prisoners.
- Books for Africa.
- Better World Books.
- If there are no libraries in your area, you can always try thrift stores.
Where can I donate textbooks in Singapore 2021?
Where can I make a donation? For the second year in a row, members of the public can donate their gently used textbooks to the project at any of the 81 FairPrice stores across the island, including Warehouse Club, FairPrice Xtra hypermarkets, FairPrice Finest stores, selected FairPrice supermarkets, and FairPrice Xpress stores located at Esso service stations.
How do I donate books to Singapore library?
The National Library Board is a non-profit organization dedicated to advancing literacy and information literacy. Book Exchange Corners are available at several library locations, courtesy of the National Library Board (NLB). You can drop off your old books here for other people to pick up and take home with them. Simply bring your books down to the library and place them on the specified shelf. Book Exchange Corners may be located in a number of locations across the island.
What can I do with outdated textbooks in Singapore?
There are a variety of organizations in Singapore that accept secondhand books, including the Salvation Army and the Singapore Council of Women’s Organizations (SCWO) (SCWO). You’ll discover a plethora of donation drop-off locations around the country, and it’s a good idea to phone ahead to find out about a donation center’s working hours and which things are accepted.
Can textbooks be donated?
Textbooks can be donated. Even though they are no longer helpful to you, your old textbooks may still be of great use to someone else who is ready to learn something new from them. Providing your local library with gently used textbooks allows them to expand their collection or resale them to raise funds for a variety of projects.
Does anyone take old books?
A local alternative is to give your books to organizations such as Goodwill, the Salvation Army, and the thrift shop in your neighborhood. These organizations will accept gifts of virtually any kind, but be careful to verify their specific donation rules before making a contribution.
Is Sellbackyourbook com legit?
“Does sellbackyourbook.com operate as a scam?” In fact, we have paid out over $10 million dollars to individuals all around the United States, thus we are not a fraud.
How do I donate books to a non profit?
Resources for Obtaining Donations of Books
- Request Books from Better World Books.
- Distribution to Underserved Communities Library Program.
- Domestic and International Book Donations – State University of New York at Buffalo.
- International Book Bank – request books.
Can we donate books to NLB?
We welcome donations of published and unpublished works that would enhance our collection, however we are unable to accept all submissions due to space constraints.
Where can I get free textbooks in Singapore?
The FairPrice Share-A-Textbook Program
- Provide free pre-loved textbooks to families in order to alleviate their financial burden
- promote the importance of saving money
- and Promote a more environmentally friendly Singapore through the recycling of used textbooks.
What can we donate to Salvation Army Singapore?
Donate to the Salvation Army: Recycle and assist people in need by donating your gently used clothing, furniture, household items, electrical equipment, toys, and books to the Salvation Army. Services for the collection of large objects such as furniture and appliances can also be arranged upon request.
Who can I donate books to?
Where to Make a Book Donation
- The Salvation Army is a charitable organization. In addition to the Salvation Army, there are many other local charities and institutions that provide social assistance. These include Goodwill, local libraries, the Vietnam Veterans of America, Habitat for Humanity ReStores, other local charities, local theaters, retirement homes, and other institutions.
How do you give books to the library?
In order to contribute books, first contact your local public library to see whether they are accepting donations. Many libraries, as well as the Friends of the Library organization, hold frequent book sales and are always interested in receiving eligible titles for resale. Donation rules for most libraries are available on their websites; for others, you may need to contact them directly by phone.
Where can I donate old CDS in Singapore?
Season of giving: Donate pre-loved things at Singapore’s most convenient locations
- The Salvation Army.
- MINDS Shop.
- Uplift Project Singapore.
- Dignity Mama Stall.
- Tzu Chi.
- Angel Hearts Singapore.
- Willing Hearts.
- Pass-It-On is a non-profit project that links the general public to the poor through Voluntary Welfare Organizations (VWOs).