These are the top ten most valuable comic books in the world.
- Comic books such as Superman 1 (1939), Marvel Comics 1 (also 1939), Detective Comics 1 (also 1937), Batman 1 (also 1940), All-American Comics 16 (also 1940), Amazing Fantasy 15 (also 1940), and others have been published (1962) Action Comics #7 was first published on August 10, 1962. (1938) Captain America Comics 1 (1941) was first published on March 10, 1941.
- Captain America Comics 2 (1942) was first published on December 1938.
What are the most desirable comic books?
According to Ranker, these are the top ten comic books of all time.
- Watchmen is number one on the list. Moore’s Watchmen comic book series is perhaps his most well-known work in the comics industry. Two films about Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, three about The Sandman, and four about Batman: Year One. Six films about Batman: The Killing Joke, seven films about Kingdom Come, and eight films about Batman: The Long Halloween.
Which comic books will be worth money?
12 Exceptionally Rare and Valuable Comic Books That Are Worth a Fortune
- Action Comics #1 was worth approximately $3.2 million. Detective Comics #27 was worth approximately $2.1 million. Marvel Comics #1 was worth approximately $1.2 million. Amazing Fantasy #15 was worth approximately $1.1 million.
- All-Star Comics #8 was worth approximately $936,000.
- Batman #1 was worth approximately $567,000.
- Superman #1 was worth approximately $507,000.
What are the most valuable old comic books?
The Top 20 Most Expensive Comic Books That Have Ever Been Sold
- 20 Comic Books That Have Ever Sold for a Record-Breaking Price
How do you know if a comic book is valuable?
The cover price of your comics is the quickest and most accurate way to identify whether or not they are of “good quality.” Almost all comic books have the retail cover price at the time of publishing printed on the front and back of the comic book cover. The valuable ones will have 10c, 12c, 15c, 20c, or 25c on the front cover, while the less valued ones will have no denomination.
What is the most valuable comic book ever sold?
A comic book showing Spider-debut Man’s appearance has broken the record for the most expensive comic book ever sold, according to the Guinness Book of World Records. Earlier this week, a copy of the 1962 comic Amazing Fantasy No. 15 was sold at Heritage Auctions for an astounding $3.6 million dollars.
What is the most read comic in the world?
According to the most recent available figures, X-Men #1, which was released in 1991 and has since sold about 8.2 million copies, is the best-selling single-issue comic book in American history. Marvel X-Force #1, which was published in 1991 and sold around five million copies, is the second most popular comic book of all time.
Are comics from the 90s worth anything?
Despite the fact that the comic book business was experiencing difficulties at the close of the twentieth century, some comics from the 1990s are still worth enough money to make Bruce Wayne sit up and take attention. Nevertheless, the most significant 1990s comics in terms of plot and character development are not always the most valued.
What is the rarest Marvel comic book?
The end of the twentieth century was a difficult time for the comic book industry, but some comics from the 1990’s are worth enough money to make Bruce Wayne sit up and pay attention. Nonetheless, the most significant 1990s comics in terms of plot and character development are not always the most useful.
How much is a superman number 1 worth?
One of the few remaining copies of the comic book that introduced the world to Superman has been sold for a super-sized, world-record-breaking sum. The issue of Action Comics #1 sold for $3.25 million in a private sale, according to ComicConnect.com, an online auction and consignment organization, which revealed the transaction on Tuesday.
Who is richer Marvel or DC?
Unspoiler alert: Marvel films outnumber DC films in terms of both number of films produced and amount of money made. Marvel has produced 48 films, which have grossed a total of $11.8 billion in North American box office. DC has 29 films in production, with a total budget of slightly about $6.7 billion.
Are new comics worth collecting?
Modern comic books are excellent for both collecting and reading for pleasure. If you want to make a long-term investment out of a fraction of your complete collection, you might consider concentrating on investment-grade volumes. To meet the investment-grade criterion, most Modern Age comic books will need to be rated at least a 9.8 on the scale used in our example.
What 80s comics are worth money?
Comics #11 – #20 from the 1980s that are the most expensive on the market
- The Amazing Spider-Man #252 (1984):
- Gobbledygook #1 (1984):
- Daredevil #181 (1981):
- The Amazing Spider-Man #316 (1989):
- Superman (1988):
- Vampirella #113 (1988):
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 (2nd Printing)
- 2021 Update: The 2nd printing is the poor man’s first printing.