The 10 Most Read Books In The World [Infographic]
According to a new infographic, the Bible is the most widely read book in the world, with “Harry Potter” and “Quotations from the Works of Mao Tse-tung” coming in second and third, respectively. The infographic was created based on the number of copies each book sold over 50 years.
What is the most widely read document?
The Bible is the most widely read book in the world, according to writer James Chapman, who compiled a list of the most widely read books in the world based on the number of copies each book sold over the previous 50 years and discovered that the Bible far outsold all other books, with 3.9 billion copies sold.
What are the 10 most read books?
The World’s Top 10 Most Read Books
- 3.9 billion copies of the Bible
- 820 million copies of Mao Tse-tung’s quotations
- 400 million copies of Harry Potter
- 103 million copies of Lord of the Rings
- 65 million copies of The Alchemist
- 57 million copies of The Da Vinci Code
What is the most read book series?
The Harry Potter series, written by British author J.K. Rowling, is by far the best-selling novel series of all time, having sold at least 500 million copies, 150 million more than the next-best-selling series.
Who discovered algebra?
We explore the origins of algebra and mathematics that underpin the science of flight and future transportation with Al-Khwarizmi: The Father of Algebra.
Who discovered algebra and formulated area of triangle?
Pascal’s triangle is a triangular arrangement of numbers in algebra that gives the coefficients in the expansion of any binomial expression, such as (x y)sup>n/sup>, and is named after the 17th-century French mathematician Blaise Pascal.
What are the top 3 purchased books in 2020?
These are the year’s best-selling books.
- A Promised Land by Barack Obama (2,574,531 copies sold)
- Midnight Sun by Stephenie Meyer (1,311,147 copies sold)
- Dog Man by Dave Pilkey (1,240,277 copies sold)
- Mary L.
- Suzanne Collins, The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes (1,235,099 copies sold)
What are the top 3 most read books?
We’ve compiled a list of the most widely read books in history.
- The Holy Bible.
- The Holy Quran.
- J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter Series.
- Chairman Mao Tse Tung’s Quotations.
- The Lord of the Rings.
- The Alchemist.
- Anne Frank’s Diary.
- Stephenie Meyer’s Twilight Saga.
What is the most read book in 2020?
Best Sellers in Books in 2020
- #1. A Promised Land. Barack Obama.
- #2. Too Much and Never Enough: How My Family… Mary L.
- #3. Where the Crawdads Sing. Delia Owens.
- #4. My First Learn to Write Workbook: Practice for…
- #5. Midnight Sun.
- #6. Untamed.
- #7. If Animals Kissed Good Night.
What is the most bought book in the world 2020?
1. Barack Obama’s “A Promised Land” Former President Barack Obama’s memoir “A Promised Land” was released in November and was by far the most popular book we covered this year.
Who is the best religion book in the world?
Religions based on Abraham
- The Hidden Words.
- Days of Remembrance.
- Epistle to the Son of the Wolf.
- The Four Valleys.
- Gems of Divine Mysteries.
Who is the No 1 mathematician in the world?
Sir Isaac Newton PRS was an English physicist and mathematician who is widely regarded as one of the most influential scientists of all time and a pivotal figure in the scientific revolution; he is the only person to be argued as the greatest mathematician and physicist at the same time.
Who is the father of mathematics?
Because of his notable inventions in mathematics and science while serving King Hiero II of Syracuse, Archimedes is known as the “Father of Mathematics.”
Who invented 0?
In 628, a Hindu astronomer and mathematician named Brahmagupta created the first modern equivalent of the numeral zero, which was represented by a dot beneath a number.