Novels by Stephen King that take place in Maine (11 books)
Do all of Stephen King’s books take place in Maine?
The imaginary Maine towns of Castle Rock (Needful Things), Derry (It), and Jerusalem’s Lot (Salem’s Lot) are among the most well-known of King’s works, for which he developed whole townships.
Why do so many Stephen King books take place in Maine?
Maine is where King grew up. King was born in Portland and later relocated with his family to Durham, Maine, after spending some time in various places throughout his childhood. Despite the fact that his literary Maine towns are made up, they have the feel of small-town Maine, which is likely a result of his having lived in and loved Maine.
Where do most Stephen King books take place?
In Stephen King’s novels, novellas, and short tales, the fictional town of Derry is based in the state of Maine, and it has appeared as the backdrop for a number of the author’s works. Derry initially appears in King’s 1981 short story “The Bird and the Album,” and he has featured in his most current novel, 11/22/63, as well as in several other works.
How many Stephen King books are set in Derry Maine?
There are no less than 24 stories about Derry in King’s collection, and it serves as a crucial location for the novel “It.”
Which Stephen King books do not take place in Maine?
7 Terrifying Stephen King Novels That Aren’t Set in Maine
- Misery is a novel by Stephen King. LOCATION: Sidewinder, Colorado, a fictional town created by Stephen King and Owen King.
- Sleeping Beauties, by Stephen King and Owen King.
- Mr. Mercedes. Stephen King’s The Long Walk
- Stephen King’s The Outsider (Audio)
- Stephen King’s The Shining
- Stephen King’s The Eyes of the Dragon
- Stephen King’s The Shining (Audio)
- Stephen King’s The Shining (Audio).
Which Stephen King books are set in Castle Rock?
Novels that take place in Castle Rock
- Among the films are: Bag of Bones, Cujo, The Dead Zone, Needful Things, The Dark Half, Lisa’s Story, Elevation, and more.
How many Stephen King books take place in Castle Rock?
There are several additional Stephen King tales that feature the town of Castle Rock, including the twelve stories listed above that are either wholly or partially set there. The town of Castle Rock has also made brief “cameo” cameos in numerous other King works. These range from brief references to full-fledged stops within the country’s boundaries. The whole list may be seen here.
Does the Shining take place in Maine?
The setting for The Shining is Colorado in the 1970s. It centers on the Torrance family, which includes Jack, Wendy, and their five-year-old son, Danny, as well as their friends.
Is it 3 coming out?
Despite the fact that a sequel to the film has not yet been confirmed, we may be able to speculate. It is now past time for the third chapter of information technology to emerge, which we expect to occur between 2021 and 2022, according to our estimates.
Which Stephen King movies take place in Derry?
Every Stephen King story that takes place in Derry.
- IT (1986), Insomnia (1994), Bag of Bones (1998), The Road Virus Heads North (1999), Dreamcatcher (2001), Fair Extension (2010), 11/22/63 (2011), and Other Stephen King Stories That Reference Derry are just a few of the titles that have been written about Derry.
Was it filmed in Maine?
It: Chapter One and It: Chapter Two are set in the fictional town of Derry, Maine, and they are the first and second chapters of the novel. However, it was recorded in the Canadian cities of Port Hope and Toronto (Canada). When the first picture, which takes place in 1989, was being filmed, the producers were already thinking about making a sequel.