How do you cite a book in Chicago style?
When citing a book in Chicago style, you usually have to include the author’s name, the title of the book, publisher city, publisher name, and the year of publication.
If there’s more than one author, the first author’s name is reversed, with a comma placed after the last name.
Example: Last Name, First Name.
How do you cite an excerpt from a book in Chicago style?
Citing book chapters
When a specific chapter (or other titled part of a book) is cited in the notes, the author’s name is followed by the title of the chapter (or other part), followed by in, followed by the title of the book. The chapter title is enclosed in quotation marks.
How do you cite Chicago style?
Generally, Chicago citations require:
- Title of book/article.
- Title of newspaper/journal.
- Publication year.
- Publication month and date.
- City of publication.
- Date of access.
What is Chicago Manual of Style format?
The Chicago Manual of Style/Turabian citation style includes two systems for citations: a notes and bibliography system and the author-date system. The notes and bibliography system is most commonly used in history courses. This system uses footnotes/endnotes and a bibliography.
How do you cite Chicago Style on Google Docs?
Suggested clip 96 seconds
Create Chicago-style footnotes in Google Docs – YouTube
Start of suggested clip
End of suggested clip
How do you cite the same source multiple times in Chicago?
If you consecutively cite the same source two or more times in a note (complete or shortened), you may use the word “Ibid” instead. Ibid is short for the Latin ibidem, which means “in the same place”. If you’re referencing the same source but different page, follow ‘Ibid’ with a comma and the new page number(s).
How do I do footnotes?
How to insert footnotes
- Place the cursor where you would like the superscript number to appear.
- Click on “Insert Footnote” in the “References” tab.
- The corresponding number will be automatically inserted in the footer ready for you to add the footnote citation.
- Type in your footnote citation.
How do you reference a book chapter?
To be made up of:
- Author of the chapter/section.
- Year of publication (in round brackets).
- Title of chapter/section (in single quotation marks) ‘in’ plus author/editor of book.
- Title of book (in italics).
- Place of publication: publisher.
- Page reference.