Singapore’s 17 Best Places to Donate Books and More (with a 2020 Update!)
- Help a Child – Donate a Book.
- FairPrice Share-A-Textbook Project.
- Marymount Youth Network Book Donation Drive 2020.
- Sony’s South Africa Mobile Library Project (SAMLP)
- Migrant Library Singapore.
- 8 One Bag One Book.
- 8 One Bag One Book.
Where can I donate old educational books?
Book Donations Accepted by Charities in the City of London
- LCBP stands for London Children’s Book Project. Prior to being given to their partner organizations, the books contributed to this foundation are cleaned and classified by age and subject matter. Books for the city of London. A lot of charities are represented, including the Octavia Foundation, the British Heart Foundation, Oxfam, and Fara Charity Shops.
Where can I donate textbooks in Singapore 2021?
Where can I make a donation? For the second year in a row, members of the public can donate their gently used textbooks to the project at any of the 81 FairPrice stores across the island, including Warehouse Club, FairPrice Xtra hypermarkets, FairPrice Finest stores, selected FairPrice supermarkets, and FairPrice Xpress stores located at Esso service stations.
Does anyone take old school books?
A local alternative is to give your books to organizations such as Goodwill, the Salvation Army, and the thrift shop in your neighborhood. These organizations will accept gifts of virtually any kind, but be careful to verify their specific donation rules before making a contribution.
How do I dispose of a children’s book?
10 Creative Ways to Reuse and Recycle Your Old Books
- Make a contribution to your local library.
- Donate your gently used books to a local charity
- Make some gift tags
- Bring your gently used books to your local library. Recycle any books that are no longer useful. They can be sold or given away on the internet. Make a “Free Books” box for your library.
What can I do with books I no longer want?
To Whom Should You Give Books You No Longer Need?
- Libraries. The majority of libraries accept book contributions and sell the books as part of a Friends of the Library fundraising event. Thrift stores in the neighborhood. Goodwill accepts a wide range of items in addition to clothing. Prisons. Prisons and schools are in severe need of secondhand books. Schools could also be interested in your secondhand books.
What do you do with old textbooks?
Old textbooks may be used in a variety of ways.
- Make money by selling your books: This is probably the first thing that comes to mind. Donate your books: There will always be someone else who will benefit from the book that you previously enjoyed. Ship your books
- recycle your books
- trade your books
- resell your books Create a free book box by following these steps: Book-decoration ideas include:
- Leasing books
How do I dispose of books in Singapore?
There are a variety of organizations in Singapore that accept secondhand books, including the Salvation Army and the Singapore Council of Women’s Organizations (SCWO) (SCWO). You’ll discover a plethora of donation drop-off locations around the country, and it’s a good idea to phone ahead to find out about a donation center’s working hours and which things are accepted.
Can we donate books to NLB?
We welcome donations of published and unpublished works that would enhance our collection, however we are unable to accept all submissions due to space constraints.
Should I throw away old books?
Volumes with moldy pages cannot be recycled; instead, they must be thrown away immediately to prevent the mold from spreading to further books. The practice of recycling books is completely acceptable if they cannot be repurposed or given new life in another manner.
Who can I donate books to?
Where to Make a Book Donation
- The Salvation Army is a charitable organization. In addition to the Salvation Army, there are many other local charities and institutions that provide social assistance. These include Goodwill, local libraries, the Vietnam Veterans of America, Habitat for Humanity ReStores, other local charities, local theaters, retirement homes, and other institutions.
What to do with old hardcover books?
Despite the fact that you can throw away your hardcover books, we encourage that you donate your books instead. They may be donated to a local thrift store or used book store so that others can benefit from them! You may also recycle the internal pages of a hardback book by removing the cover and binding from the book.