The top ten donation centers in Monmouth County, New Jersey are shown below.
- The Goodwill Store. 13.6 mi.
- The Goodwill Store. 11.4 mi.
- The Goodwill NYNJ Store Donation Center. 12.9 mi.
- Green Drop. 18.3 mi.
- Goodwill Donation Center. 12.7 mi.
- Rise Thrift Store. 12.3 mi.
Does Monmouth County Library take book donations?
Donations of books and other resources to the Monmouth County Library are much appreciated. During normal business hours, donations of books and other materials are welcomed at most branch locations at the discretion of the librarian.
Where is the best place to donate used books?
We really welcome any books or other resources that are donated to the Monmouth County Library. During library hours, donations of books and other items are welcomed at most branch locations, at the discretion of the librarian.
- The following resources are available: your local library, your neighborhood Little Free Library, a school or community book drive or fundraiser, Freecycle, reputable charities, local faith-based organizations, your neighborhood thrift store, local museums and other cultural organizations, and online resources such as Wikipedia.
What do I do with old books in NJ?
The following resources are available: your local library, your neighborhood Little Free Library, a school or community book drive or fundraiser, Freecycle, reputable charities, local faith-based organizations, your neighborhood thrift store, local museums and other cultural organizations, and online resources such as Amazon.
What can you do with unwanted books?
10 Ways to Recycle Your Old Books
- Make a contribution to your local library.
- Donate your gently used books to a local charity
- Make some gift tags
- Bring your gently used books to your local library. Recycle any books that are no longer useful. They can be sold or given away on the internet. Make a “Free Books” box for your library.
How do I join the Monmouth County Library?
You can become a member of the Library by completing a registration form at any of the branch locations’ circulation desks. A resident parent or legal guardian is required to register children under the age of 17 for a youth card if they are living with them.
What to do with old hardcover books?
Despite the fact that you can throw away your hardcover books, we encourage that you donate your books instead. They may be donated to a local thrift store or used book store so that others can benefit from them! You may also recycle the internal pages of a hardback book by removing the cover and binding from the book.
Who can I donate books to?
Where to Make a Book Donation
- The Salvation Army is a charitable organization. In addition to the Salvation Army, there are many other local charities and institutions that provide social assistance. These include Goodwill, local libraries, the Vietnam Veterans of America, Habitat for Humanity ReStores, other local charities, local theaters, retirement homes, and other institutions.
What can I do with books I no longer want?
To Whom Should You Give Books You No Longer Need?
- Libraries. The majority of libraries accept book contributions and sell the books as part of a Friends of the Library fundraising event. Thrift stores in the neighborhood. Goodwill accepts a wide range of items in addition to clothing. Prisons. Prisons and schools are in severe need of secondhand books. Schools could also be interested in your secondhand books.
How can I donate books?
Book Donations Accepted by Charities in the City of London
- Book Donations Accepted by Charities in London
What to do with books after reading them?
There are a number of things you can do with books you no longer intend to read.
- Check to see whether a local after-school club or program may benefit from them. Sell them on the internet, or look for a local missionary group that will accept them. Magazines can be given to local clinics as donations. Make a donation to a local school in exchange for them. Donate to the military and veterans.
- Crafts may be made from the pages.
Where can I donate old trophies in NJ?
If you only have a few trophies to recycle, you may drop them off to a local thrift store (Goodwill accepts trophies) or surplus store for processing (some surplus stores actually pay you for old trophies).
Should I throw away old books?
Books with moldy pages cannot be recycled, but must be dumped in the garbage before they may spread their mold to other books. The practice of recycling books is completely acceptable if they cannot be repurposed or given new life in another manner.
Can you put books in the recycle bin?
When it comes to paperback novels, you may recycle the entire book, which includes the binding. It is recommended that you toss away your books and periodicals with your household garbage if they have been wet or the paper has turned tan or brown, as there is no market for this type of material.
Can you recycle hardcover books?
Paperbacks are easy to recycle because they are composed entirely of paper. They are also inexpensive to purchase. Hardcover books cannot be recycled unless they have been completely disassembled and the pages have been separated and recycled separately.