The Best Laptops for Writers for 2021
We’ve compiled a list of the best laptops for writers across several categories, including 2-in-1s and Chromebooks, because an uncomfortable keyboard not only slows us down, but it’s also a miserable experience.
Apple MacBook Air M1
Apple’s new Magic Keyboard gives the keyboard a crisp, precise, and responsive feel, with the keys responding instantly to every press and rebounding quickly. If you’re mostly writing copy, you won’t need the most power, but you’ll appreciate the portability and price.
HP Spectre X360 14
For several generations, HP’s Spectre convertible 2-in-1 lineup has had the same excellent keyboard: plenty of travel but not too much, and the switches provide a nice click. The new Spectre x360 14 has a stunning OLED display with otherworldly contrast and colors.
Dell XPS 13
The Dell XPS 13 is probably the best laptop for writers, with a 16:10 display that’s a little taller and better for documents and web pages, and a keyboard that’s close to a tossup in the Windows 10 world.
HP Elite C1030 Chromebook
If you’re a writer who needs a Chromebook, the HP Elite C1030 Chromebook has a top-of-the-line keyboard, is incredibly well built, has a high-quality display with plenty of contrast, and is a top performer.
Lenovo ThinkPad x12 Detachable
The Lenovo ThinkPad X12 Detachable is a fantastic Windows 10 tablet with a detachable keyboard that is one of the best in the form factor, leveraging ThinkPad’s usual excellence with good travel, comfortable keycaps, and a familiar layout.
Acer Swift 3
For a variety of reasons, the Acer Swift 3 (2020) is our favorite budget laptop: it’s one of the fastest laptops we’ve tested for under $650, and the Swift 3’s keyboard is surprisingly good, with good spacing and a comfortable layout.
HP Elite Dragonfly Max
If you’re a writer, you’ll buy it for the best keyboard on any laptop, with tons of travel and a springy bottoming action.
What type of laptop is good for writers?
Laptops for Writers (Best Laptops for Writers)
- Lenovo IdeaPad 3 u2013 Best Laptop for Writers.
- Google Pixelbook Go u2013 Best Chromebook for Writers.
- MacBook Air.
- HP Spectre 360.
- Asus Chromebook Flip.
- MacBook Pro.
- Microsoft Surface Laptop 2.
- Asus Zenbook.
Is Mac or PC better for writers?
The MacBook Air’s keyboard is praised by many writers for its durability and ability to accommodate fast typists; however, as users improve their typing skills, the MacBook Air becomes one of the best machines to work on. Writing Software. The Mac has more writing software than the PC.
What is the best desktop computer for writers?
The Acer Aspire desktop version is an excellent choice for any writer on a budget, with a fast processor, plenty of storage for text-based documents, and a nice looking compact casing. Best of all, the price is reasonable for what you get.
Which computer is best for study?
What is the best laptop for college?
- The best overall laptop is the HP Envy 13 (2021). The best Mac for students is the Apple MacBook Air (M1, Late 2020).
- Dell XPS 13 (Late 2020)
- HP Envy x360 13 (2020)
- Apple MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020)
- HP Spectre x360 14.
- Acer Swift 3 (2020, AMD Ryzen)
- Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon (Gen 9)
What is a Chromebook vs laptop?
A Chromebook is a low-cost alternative to a Windows laptop or MacBook that runs on the Google operating system Chrome OS, which means that Windows and macOS programs will not run on these devices. However, this does not negate the benefits of Chromebooks over other laptops.
How do I choose a laptop?
Buying a Laptop: Some Pointers
- Screen size. 15.6 inches is standard, but 12 to 14 inches can be more portable.
- Display type. Choose IPS for great viewing angles.
- RAM and ROM. 4GB RAM or more for multitasking and at least 512GB storage.
- Battery. Around 8 hours of battery life.
What is the best Mac for a writer?
2021’s Best Mac for Writers
- MacBook Air (M1, 2020)
- Best Alternative: 13-inch MacBook Pro (2020)
- Best Premium: 16-inch MacBook Pro (2019)
- Best Desktop: iMac with 5K.
Which laptop is best for word processing?
This ASUS VivoBook, which has a decent amount of RAM, a large hard drive, and is one of the more affordable options out there, is our top pick for the best laptop for word processing and excel. It is by no means the cheapest, but it is well worth the investment.
Which laptop is best HP or Dell?
The Bottom Line If you’re looking for a cheap but reliable laptop, go with Dell. Their laptops are usually less expensive, but the quality is still high, and if you’re looking for a gaming laptop, go with Dell’s Alienware, which offers significantly better gaming performance than any HP laptop.
How do I choose a laptop for students?
- Determine your budget.
- Select the operating system.
- Select the processor and RAM.
- Determine how much storage you require.
- Select the graphics card.
- Select the battery.
- Select the portable option.
- Must-have laptop accessories.
What type of computer do I need for college?
Which Laptops Are the Best for College?
- Apple 16-inch Macbook Pro, Retina, Touch Bar.
- Apple Macbook Pro with Apple M1 Chip (13-Inch)
- Microsoft Surface Laptop.
- HP Chromebook 14.
- Apple Macbook Air 13.3-Inch.