Announcing the Winners of the 2017 Goodreads Choice Awards!
The 2017 Goodreads Choice Awards are now open for voting, with winners being announced on December 5, 2017 and revealed on December 7, 2017.
Semifinal Round: Nov 07 – 12
The top five write-in votes in each of the following categories will become official nominees for BBC Newsnight’s Politicians of the Year, which will be decided by a public vote.
Final Round: Nov 14 – 27
The field is narrowed to the top 10 books in each category, and members can vote again. Votes are being cast for books published between November 16, 2016, and November 15, 2017. Each book must have an average rating of 3.50 or higher at the time of launch.
What book sold the most copies in 2017?
According to data from USA TODAY’s Best-Selling Books list, these are the top 100 books of the year.
- R.J. Palacio’s Wonder.
- Rupi Kaur’s Milk and Honey.
- Dan Brown’s Origin.
- Jeff Kinney’s Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Getaway.
- Margaret Atwood’s The Handmaid’s Tale.
- John Grisham’s Camino Island.
- J. D. Vance’s Hillbilly Elegy.
What are the best books in the last 10 years?
Best Books of the Decade, as chosen by the staff
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s Americanah.
- Blake Crouch’s Dark Matter.
- Kali Fajardo-Anstine’s Sabrina and Corina.
- Educated. by Tara Westover.
- Ready Player One. by Ernest Cline.
- The Heart’s Invisible Furies. by John Boyne.
- The Heartbeat of Wounded Knee. by David Treuer.
- The Night
What are the top 3 purchased books in 2020?
These are the year’s best-selling books.
- A Promised Land by Barack Obama (2,574,531 copies sold)
- Midnight Sun by Stephenie Meyer (1,311,147 copies sold)
- Dog Man by Dave Pilkey (1,240,277 copies sold)
- Mary L.
- Suzanne Collins, The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes (1,235,099 copies sold)
What are the top 3 most read books?
We’ve compiled a list of the most widely read books in history.
- The Holy Bible.
- The Holy Quran.
- J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter Series.
- Chairman Mao Tse Tung’s Quotations.
- The Lord of the Rings.
- The Alchemist.
- Anne Frank’s Diary.
- Stephenie Meyer’s Twilight Saga.
What is the most sold book in the world?
The Bible is the most widely read book in the world, according to writer James Chapman, who compiled a list of the most widely read books in the world based on the number of copies each book sold over the previous 50 years and discovered that the Bible far outsold all other books, with 3.9 billion copies sold.
What is the most read book?
The Bible is the most widely read book in the world, having sold 3.9 billion copies in the last 50 years. The Holy Quran is the second most widely read book in the world.
What are the top 10 books to read in 2020?
THE TOP TEN BOOKS OF 2020, SELECTED BY PEOPLE
- What Are You Going Through by Sigrid Nunez.
- Notes on a Silencing by Lacy Crawford.
- Caste by Isabel Wilkerson.
- Writers and Lovers by Lily King.
- Monogamy by Sue Miller.
- The Lying Life of Adults by Elena Ferrante.
What is the most popular book?
The 25 All-Time Best-Selling Books
- Don Quixote (500 million copies sold) is number one
- A Tale of Two Cities (200 million copies sold) is number two
- The Lord of the Rings (150 million copies sold) is number three
- The Little Prince (142 million copies sold) is number four
- and Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone (107 million copies sold) is number five.
What are the top 10 best-selling books right now?
WORK OF FICTION
- The Midnight Library by Matt Haig.
- The Night She Disappeared by Lisa Jewell.
- The Noise by James Patterson
- J. D. Barker.
- Malibu Rising by Taylor Jenkins Reid.
- L. A. Weather by Mara Amparo Escandu00f3n.
- The Heron’s Cry by Ann Cleeves.
What is the second most sold book of all time?
Chairman Mao Tse-Tung Quotations from Chairman Mao Tse-Tung, also known as the “Little Red Book,” is the world’s second best-selling book, with approximately 1.1 billion copies sold worldwide.
What is the best-selling book every year?
The well-known fact that the Bible is the best-selling book of all time obscures an even more astonishing fact: the Bible is the best-selling book of the year, year after year.
Who is the best religion book in the world?
Religions based on Abraham
- The Hidden Words.
- Days of Remembrance.
- Epistle to the Son of the Wolf.
- The Four Valleys.
- Gems of Divine Mysteries.
What books are better than Harry Potter?
TIME has compiled a list of the ten most magical books to read if you’re a Harry Potter fan.
- Philip Pullman’s The Golden Compass. Rick Riordan’s The Lightning Thief. Neil Gaiman’s Neverwhere. Leigh Bardugo’s Shadow and Bone. Erika Johansen’s The Queen of the Tearling. Michael Scott’s The Alchemyst. Cassandra Clare’s City of Bones.
What is the most famous story in the world?
They explain why in this video.
- Things Fall Apart (Chinua Achebe, 1958)
- One Thousand and One Nights (various authors, 8th-18th Centuries)
- Don Quixote (Miguel de Cervantes, 1605-1615)
- Hamlet (William Shakespeare, 1603)
- One Hundred Years of Solitude (Gabriel Garcu00e1 Mu00e1rquez, 1967)
- The Iliad (Homer, 8th Centuries BC