40 Books Everyone Should Read: Must Read Books of All Time
It can be difficult to find books worth reading, so we’ve put together this massive list of 40 must-read books in a variety of genres, including fiction, business, and more. Use the contents to jump to the section you’re most interested in, or start scrolling.
2. The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
The Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien is one of the most widely read books in the world.
3. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
4. Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by J.K. Rowling
5. Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut
Slaughterhouse-Five is arguably one of the greatest anti-war novels ever written, following the life of Billy Pilgrim as he experiences World War II through a unique lens.
6. The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
7. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
To Kill a Mockingbird is a must-read novel that explores life in the Deep South during the early twentieth century through the story of a man accused of a crime. Published in 1960, the story explores life in the Deep South through the story of a man accused of a crime.
8. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
9. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
10. The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
The Catcher in the Rye is a classic coming-of-age novel that follows adolescent Holden Caulfield as he leaves his prep school and embarks on a journey of angst and alienation.
11. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
12. Animal Farm by George Orwell
The farm animals are brimming with idealism and a desire to make the world a better place.
13. Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
14. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
The novel “draws the reader deep into their lives as we get to know each of their flaws, joys, struggles, and fears,” according to author Ann Patchett, “as we get to know each of their flaws, joys, struggles, and fears.”
15. Charlotte’s Web by E.B. White
Fern, the little girl, enlists the help of her farm friends to carry out her clever plan to save her piglet from slaughter in this story.
16. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
The story of Victor Frankenstein, a young scientist who creates a monster and brings it to life, is told by English author Mary Shelley, and it raises questions about what makes us human and what love and kindness truly mean.
17. Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
19. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald is considered the quintessential novel of the Jazz Age, set in 1922 amid unfathomable indulgence and decadence, and focusing on a man’s struggle to earn the love of the woman he adores.
20. Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
Think and Grow Rich is a classic bestseller that has sold millions of copies around the world and is jam-packed with money-making tips, techniques, and strategies. If you want to change your mindset about money, this book could completely transform your life.
What books should I be reading right now?
These Are the 40 Most Anticipated New Books in 2021
- Courtesy of Harper.
- Let Me Tell You What I Mean.
- The Wife Upstairs: A Novel.
- Summerwater: A Novel.
- How the One-Armed Sister Sweeps Her House: A Novel.
- Life Among the Terranauts.
- The Removed: A Novel.
What should I read in 2021?
So Far, the Must-Read Books of 2021
What’s everyone reading right now 2020?
The Top 100 Books to Read in 2020
What is the most sold book 2020?
These are the year’s best-selling books.
What are the 10 best-selling books?
- THE BIBLE.
- QUOTATIONS FROM CHAIRMAN MAO TSE-TUNG.
- THE QURAN.
- THE LORD OF THE RINGS.
- THE LITTLE PRINCE.
- HARRY POTTER AND THE PHILOSOPHER’S STONE.
- SCOUTING FOR BOYS.
- AND THEN THERE WERE NONE.
What are the top 10 most read books in the world?
The World’s Top 10 Most Read Books
- 3.9 billion copies of the Bible
- 820 million copies of Mao Tse-tung’s quotations
- 400 million copies of Harry Potter
- 103 million copies of Lord of the Rings
- 65 million copies of The Alchemist
- 57 million copies of The Da Vinci Code