Harper Lee’s novel To Kill a Mockingbird is one of my all-time favorite books, which I read during my freshman year of high school. It is a coming-of-age story with drama.
The Great Gatsby, Fahrenheit 451, and Animal Farm are all high school books to read this year. Fahrenheit 451 is set in a dystopian society where books are banned and firemen start fires. Animal Farm is an allegory for the events of the 1917 Russian Revolution. Death of a Salesman won the Pulitzer Prize for Drama and the Tony Award for Best Play.
Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck is one of the most well-known novels of all time, and Lord of the Flies by William Golding is a great book for high school students. Aldous Huxley’s Brave New World emphasizes the impossibility of the American Dream.
What books should a 12 13 year old read?
Here are 35 fantastic book recommendations for 12-year-olds.
- The Girl Who Drank the Moon. For Magic Lovers.
- Percy Jackson Series. An Addictive Supernatural Series.
- Up for Air. Perfect for Swimmers.
- Harry Potter Series. A Staple for All.
- Mostly the Honest Truth.
- Track Series.
What is the most read book in high school?
Here are a few of the most popular books on high school reading lists:
- Most schools’ lists include Shakespeare’s Macbeth
- Romeo and Juliet is also on the list
- and Shakespeare’s Hamlet, a story about an angst-ridden prince whose father has been murdered by his uncle, is also on the list.
What books should a beginner read?
This book is also easy to read, even for beginners, due to its short length.
- Roald Dahl’s Fantastic Mr Fox. Ernest Hemingway’s The Old Man and the Sea. William Golding’s Lord of the Flies. John Christopher’s Empty World. Harper Lee’s To Kill a Mockingbird. J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone.
Can a 13 year old read the fault in our stars?
If your child is under the age of 13, the book may be too mature for them; instead, try these readalikes! John Green’s novel The Fault in Our Stars won hearts and was adapted into a feature film, but the themes and plot may be too mature for your tween.
How long should a 13 year old read?
A beginning reader should spend at least 20 minutes a day reading to or with someone, with books that are relatively easy for your child. This will help build fluency, and you’ll notice that your child will stop decoding words less frequently over time.
What books should my 11 year old be reading?
Here are 23 fantastic book suggestions for kids aged 11 and up.
- Charlie Hernu00e1ndez and the League of Shadows. Mystical and Diverse.
- Nowhere Boy. Heartwarming and Serious.
- Front Desk. Unique.
- The Ruins of Gorlan. A Fantastic Story.
- The War that Saved My Life. Lovely.
- Goosebumps. Spooky Fun.
What books should a 14 year old read?
A teenager may want to do a variety of things in order to be cool or fit in. Fiction Books
- Jasper Jones.
- Life of Pi.
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone.
- The Martian: Classroom Edition.
- Life of Pi.
What are high schoolers reading?
In 2021, there are 15 books that every high school student should read.
- To Kill a Mockingbird. Source: Behance.
- Fahrenheit 451. Source: BookRiot.
- Animal Farm. Source: SchoolWorkHelper.
- The Great Gatsby. Source: TVTropes.
- Death of a Salesman. Source: PeelSlowly.
- East of Eden. Source: PublishersWeekly.
What do high schoolers read in school?
Books for High School Students
- F. Scott Fitzgerald’s The Great Gatsby (Paperback)
- Harper Lee’s To Kill a Mockingbird (Paperback)
- William Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet (Mass Market Paperback)
- Lord of the Flies (Paperback)
- Macbeth (Paperback)
- The Catcher in the Rye (Paperback)
- The Scarlet Letter (Paperback)
- Of Mice and Men (Paper
What are the benefits of reading books?
The Benefits of Reading Books: How They Can Improve Your Life
- Increases empathy.
- Increases vocabulary.
- Prevents cognitive decline.
- Reduces stress.
- Aids sleep.
- Alleviates depression.
How do I get into reading books?
Want to read more books? Here are ten suggestions to get you started.
- Never leave home without a book.
- Make reading a habit.
- Plan your reading list ahead of time.
- Listen to audiobooks.
- Join a book club.
- Don’t be afraid to put down books you don’t like.
- Make your environment more reading friendly.
How can I learn to enjoy reading?
How to Have Fun While Reading
- Find the best way to consume your books for your lifestyle.
- Keep a list of what you want to read next.
- Find a buddy!
- Always keep a book with you.
- Track what you’ve read.
- Read what you love.
- Now it’s your turn!