Tiny Books Fit in One Hand. Will They Change the Way We Read? (Published 2018)
Dutton, which is owned by Penguin Random House, is releasing its first batch of mini books, which are the size of a cellphone and no thicker than your thumb, with paper as thin as onion skin and horizontal text that can be read with one hand. Penguin Young Readers plans to release more minis next year, including new novels by Jonathan Franzen, Tiphanie Yanique, and Gary Shteyngart.
John Green, the author of “The Fault in Our Stars,” is launching a mini-series of his novels, which will be sold for $12 each or $48 for a boxed set at major retailers like Barnes & Noble.
What size is a miniature book?
A miniature book is one whose height and width do not exceed three inches, or 7.5cm, according to the commonly accepted definition. Although commonly associated with the 19th and 20th centuries, miniature books date back to the introduction of moveable type.
How many pages does a mini-book have?
Each sheet will be divided into eight mini-pages, which you can cut and staple together to create a 16-page mini-book (including front and back pages).
What do you use mini books for?
Mini-books can be used in a variety of ways to support learning, and you can get a FREE copy of editable mini-book templates at the end of this article.
- Create more opportunities for communication by activating English through a story or topic. Work on listening comprehension, oral production, and literacy skills.
What sizes are books?
For your convenience, the following are the standard book sizes in inches:
- 4.25 x 6.87, 5 x 8, 5.25 x 8, 5.5 x 8.5, 6 x 9.
- Novella: 5 x 8.
- Children’s: 7.5 x 7.5, 7 x 10, 10 x 8.
- Textbooks: 6 x 9, 7 x 10, 8.5 x 11.
- Non-fiction: 5.5 x 8.5, 6 x 9, 7 x 10″
- Memoir: 5.25 x 8, 5.5
Are miniature books worth anything?
What are the values of antique miniature books?
- Plantin’s miniature Kalendarium Evangelia (Sold at auction for $26,000 in 2017)
- c1765, Verbum Sempiternum, the Bible in miniature (Sold at auction for $5,750 in 2004)
- c1530 Miniature Book of Hours on Vellum (Sold at Christie’s for $953,000 in 2001)
- c1570 Plantin’s miniature Kalendarium Evangelia (Sold at auction for $26,000 in 2017)
How can I make a book online for free?
Using Venngage’s eBook creator, you can create your own eBook:
- Sign up for Venngage for free.
- Write your eBook content and then select a template that best suits your manuscript.
- Customize your eBook cover, add or remove pages, and edit page layouts.
- Customize the fonts, colors, images, and charts in your eBook template.
How do you make a small hardcover book?
In ten easy steps, you can create a hardcover book.
- Assemble the content.
- Format your pages.
- Print and fold.
- Bind your folios together.
- Even out the pages.
What is the shortest book ever written?
Hemingway’s famous six-word story “Baby Shoes” You’ve probably heard of Ernest Hemingway’s famous six-word story “Baby Shoes,” in which he is said to have written the words “For sale: baby shoes, never worn” at some point during his career.
Is 20 000 words enough for a book?
It will soon be determined whether this is the sweet spot for an increasingly fragmented audience; for writers, this means faster completion and shorter paths to publication; and even 20,000 words can make for a very rich book, such as Clarice Lispector’s extraordinary Hour of the Star.
How many pages is 90000 words?
Answer: 90,000 words equals 180 single-spaced pages or 360 double-spaced pages.
What is mini teaching?
Mini-lessons are whole-class, short, focused lessons lasting no more than ten minutes that focus on essentials and are delivered in a clear and concise manner, empowering all students to understand the purpose of the lesson and why the content being taught is important.