Ebook sales continue to fall as younger generations drive appetite for print
In 2016, more than 360 million books were sold, up 2% from 2015. While book sales increased 7% in 2016, ebook sales fell 4%, marking the second year in a row that annual ebook sales have fallen, and only the second time since 2003 that annual ebook sales have fallen.
What book sold the most copies in 2017?
According to data from USA TODAY’s Best-Selling Books list, these are the top 100 books of the year.
- R.J. Palacio’s Wonder.
- Rupi Kaur’s Milk and Honey.
- Dan Brown’s Origin.
- Jeff Kinney’s Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Getaway.
- Margaret Atwood’s The Handmaid’s Tale.
- John Grisham’s Camino Island.
- J. D. Vance’s Hillbilly Elegy.
What are the top 3 purchased books in 2020?
These are the year’s best-selling books.
- A Promised Land by Barack Obama (2,574,531 copies sold)
- Midnight Sun by Stephenie Meyer (1,311,147 copies sold)
- Dog Man by Dave Pilkey (1,240,277 copies sold)
- Mary L.
- Suzanne Collins, The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes (1,235,099 copies sold)
What are the top 10 best-selling books right now?
WORK OF FICTION
- The Midnight Library by Matt Haig.
- The Night She Disappeared by Lisa Jewell.
- The Noise by James Patterson
- J. D. Barker.
- Malibu Rising by Taylor Jenkins Reid.
- L. A. Weather by Mara Amparo Escandu00f3n.
- The Heron’s Cry by Ann Cleeves.
What are the top 3 best-selling books?
The 25 All-Time Best-Selling Books
- Don Quixote (500 million copies sold) is number one
- A Tale of Two Cities (200 million copies sold) is number two
- The Lord of the Rings (150 million copies sold) is number three
- The Little Prince (142 million copies sold) is number four
- and Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone (107 million copies sold) is number five.
What is the most sold book in the world?
The Bible is the most widely read book in the world, according to writer James Chapman, who compiled a list of the most widely read books in the world based on the number of copies each book sold over the previous 50 years and discovered that the Bible far outsold all other books, with 3.9 billion copies sold.
What is the most popular book?
The Holy Bible is the most widely read book in the world, having sold over 3.9 billion copies in the last 50 years. It is also the most recognizable and well-known book ever published. The Bible is a collection of many different preachings based on God and the Lord Jesus Christ.
What is the oldest book that exists?
The 8 Oldest Books Ever Published
- Book of Kells u2013 c. 800 AD.
- St. Cuthbert Gospel u2013 c.
- Garima Gospels u2013 c. 330 u2013 650 AD.
- Nag Hammadi Library u2013 c. 3rd u2013 4th century AD.
- Codex Sinaiticus (Sinai Bible) u2013 c. 330 u2013 360 AD.
- Pyrgi Gold Tablets u2013 c
What books are most popular right now?
Right Now on Goodreads, the 20 Most Popular Books
- Becoming by Michelle Obama.
- Educated by Tara Westover.
- Circe by Madeline Miller.
- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens.
- The Victory Garden by Rhys Bowen.
What is the hottest book right now?
Books that are extremely popular right now
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children, #1)
- Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1)
- Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2)
- The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)
- Room (Kindle Edition)
What books are better than Harry Potter?
TIME has compiled a list of the ten most magical books to read if you’re a Harry Potter fan.
- Philip Pullman’s The Golden Compass. Rick Riordan’s The Lightning Thief. Neil Gaiman’s Neverwhere. Leigh Bardugo’s Shadow and Bone. Erika Johansen’s The Queen of the Tearling. Michael Scott’s The Alchemyst. Cassandra Clare’s City of Bones.
What are the top 10 most read books in the world?
The World’s Top 10 Most Read Books
- 3.9 billion copies of the Bible
- 820 million copies of Mao Tse-tung’s quotations
- 400 million copies of Harry Potter
- 103 million copies of Lord of the Rings
- 65 million copies of The Alchemist
- 57 million copies of The Da Vinci Code
Which is the best religious book in the world?
Religions based on Abraham
- The Hidden Words.
- Days of Remembrance.
- Epistle to the Son of the Wolf.
- The Four Valleys.
- Gems of Divine Mysteries.