Which book genre is the most popular?
According to Nielsen BookScan, the most popular book genre is romance, which is also the most profitable fiction book genre. The most popular book genre depends on the format and situation – e-books, hardbacks, paperbacks, and magazines are among the best-selling titles in the world.
List of Most Popular Book Genres
Please note that the publishing industry refers to the groups into which books are grouped as ‘genres,’ but if you look at Amazon, you will see that these are referred to as ‘categories.’
Book Genres That Make the Most Money
Some book genres are more profitable per book than others, with Romance/Erotica ($1.44 billion), Crime/Mystery ($728.2 million), Science Fiction/Fantasy ($590.2 million), and Religious/Inspirational ($720 million) topping the list on Amazon.com.
Bestselling Audiobook Genres
Between 2017 and 2018, audiobook sales increased by nearly 25%, reaching nearly $1 billion in 2018. The top five bestselling audiobook genres are literature, fantasy, science fiction, thriller, romance, and young adult.
Least & Most Competitive Book Genres on Kindle
The top ten most competitive Amazon categories are: Romance – Contemporary – Historical – Sci-fi – Fantasy – Science Fiction – Urban Fantasy – Non-fiction – Children’s Books. Some writers are interested in the competitiveness of certain book genres and show interest in learning where publishing opportunities might exist.
What kind of books are in demand?
What are the most popular book genres right now?
- Crime and Thriller.
- Religious and Self-help.
- Children’s Books u2013 Humor.
- Fantasy and Sci-fi u2013 Young Adult.
- Fantasy and Sci-fi u2013 Young Adult.
What books do people buy the most?
He discovered that the Bible outsold all other books, selling 3.9 billion copies in the last 50 years, followed by “Quotations from the Works of Mao Tse-tung,” which sold 820 million copies, and “Harry Potter,” which sold 400 million copies.
What type of books do most people read?
Mystery, thriller, and crime books were the most popular genre, with 47 percent of respondents admitting to reading them in the previous year; a similar trend can be seen among e-book readers, with 50 percent stating that mystery/thriller books were their favorite genre of e-books in a recent survey.
What is the most popular book?
The 25 All-Time Best-Selling Books
- Don Quixote (500 million copies sold) is number one
- A Tale of Two Cities (200 million copies sold) is number two
- The Lord of the Rings (150 million copies sold) is number three
- The Little Prince (142 million copies sold) is number four
- and Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone (107 million copies sold) is number five.
What age group buys the most books?
The highest percentage of readers by age was 88 percent among those aged 18-24, followed by 86 percent among those aged 16-17, 84 percent among those aged 30-39, and 68 percent among those aged 65 and up.
What books are trending right now?
Also, check out Today’s Top Books to see what’s hot right now.
- Beautiful Country. by Qian Julie Wang.
- Harlem Shuffle. by Colson Whitehead.
- The Girls Are Never Gone. by Sarah Glenn Marsh.
- The Thursday Murder Club. by Richard Osman.
- The Matrix. by Lauren Groff.
What is the least popular book genre?
- 14 votes: 8.2% dystopian
- 8 votes: 4.7% supernatural
- 8 votes: 4.7% fantasy
- 5 votes: 2.9% thriller
- 5 votes: 2.9% historical fiction
- 4 votes: 2.3% memoir
- 3 votes: 1.8% mystery
- 2 votes: 1.2% realistic fiction
What are the top 3 purchased books in 2020?
These are the year’s best-selling books.
- A Promised Land by Barack Obama (2,574,531 copies sold)
- Midnight Sun by Stephenie Meyer (1,311,147 copies sold)
- Dog Man by Dave Pilkey (1,240,277 copies sold)
- Mary L.
- Suzanne Collins, The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes (1,235,099 copies sold)
What is the most bought book in the world 2020?
1. Barack Obama’s “A Promised Land” Former President Barack Obama’s memoir “A Promised Land” was released in November and was by far the most popular book we covered this year.
What are the top 10 most read books in the world?
The World’s Top 10 Most Read Books
- 3.9 billion copies of the Bible
- 820 million copies of Mao Tse-tung’s quotations
- 400 million copies of Harry Potter
- 103 million copies of Lord of the Rings
- 65 million copies of The Alchemist
- 57 million copies of The Da Vinci Code
What are the 5 main genres?
Despite the fact that this genre is often divided into five subgenres: fantasy, historical fiction, contemporary fiction, mystery, and science fiction, there are many other types of fiction, ranging from romance to graphic novels.