Best-Selling Books of All-Time
Religious and political books such as The Bible, Quran, and Chairman Mao’s Quotations are believed to have sold over a billion copies each, but sales numbers for these books are nearly impossible to track because many are given away by churches or governments.
25 Best-Selling Books of All-Time
Some of the best-selling books of all time include Don Quixote, A Tale of Two Cities, and The Lord of the Rings. Dan Brown’s The Da Vinci Code has sold 80 million copies, while J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince has been translated into 65 languages and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire has sold 55 million copies.
II. Best Nonfiction Books
The best nonfiction books to read are organized by category.
III. Best Fiction Books
These are the best fiction books to read, organized by category; alternatively, you can browse all book suggestions.
What is the most sold book 2020?
These are the year’s best-selling books.
- A Promised Land by Barack Obama (2,574,531 copies sold)
- Midnight Sun by Stephenie Meyer (1,311,147 copies sold)
- Dog Man by Dave Pilkey (1,240,277 copies sold)
- Mary L.
- Suzanne Collins, The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes (1,235,099 copies sold)
What are the top 10 best-selling books right now?
WORK OF FICTION
- The Midnight Library by Matt Haig.
- The Night She Disappeared by Lisa Jewell.
- The Noise by James Patterson
- J. D. Barker.
- Malibu Rising by Taylor Jenkins Reid.
- L. A. Weather by Mara Amparo Escandu00f3n.
- The Heron’s Cry by Ann Cleeves.
What is the most read book?
The Bible is the most widely read book in the world, having sold 3.9 billion copies in the last 50 years. The Holy Quran is the second most widely read book in the world.
Is the Bible the oldest book?
Some people believe that the Bible was written soon after the world was created, making it the oldest book. However, biblical scholars know that the books that make up the Bible were written over many centuries, and that many of the stories in it were written centuries after the events they recorded occurred.
How many books have been sold in 2020?
In 2020, printed book sales totaled 750.89 million units, up 8.2 percent year over year, the highest increase since 2010.
What is the oldest book that exists?
The 8 Oldest Books Ever Published
- Book of Kells u2013 c. 800 AD.
- St. Cuthbert Gospel u2013 c.
- Garima Gospels u2013 c. 330 u2013 650 AD.
- Nag Hammadi Library u2013 c. 3rd u2013 4th century AD.
- Codex Sinaiticus (Sinai Bible) u2013 c. 330 u2013 360 AD.
- Pyrgi Gold Tablets u2013 c
Is the Bible still the best selling book 2020?
The Bible is the most widely read book on the planet, according to him, having sold 3.9 billion copies in the last 50 years. “Quotations from the Works of Mao Tse-tung” came in second with 820 million copies sold, and “Harry Potter” came in third with 400 million copies sold.
What books are most popular right now?
Right Now on Goodreads, the 20 Most Popular Books
- Becoming by Michelle Obama.
- Educated by Tara Westover.
- Circe by Madeline Miller.
- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens.
- The Victory Garden by Rhys Bowen.
What is the hottest book right now?
Books that are extremely popular right now
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children, #1)
- Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1)
- Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2)
- The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)
- Room (Kindle Edition)
What are the top 5 most read books in the world?
We’ve compiled a list of the most widely read books in history.
- The Holy Bible.
- The Holy Quran.
- J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter Series.
- Chairman Mao Tse Tung’s Quotations.
- The Lord of the Rings.
- The Alchemist.
- Anne Frank’s Diary.
- Stephenie Meyer’s Twilight Saga.
What is the most popular book ever?
According to Guinness World Records, over five billion copies of the Bible have been sold, making it the best-selling book of all time; however, precise figures are difficult to come by because religious texts are frequently translated into many different languages and distributed widely by churches.
Who is the best religion book in the world?
Religions based on Abraham
- The Hidden Words.
- Days of Remembrance.
- Epistle to the Son of the Wolf.
- The Four Valleys.
- Gems of Divine Mysteries.