The most fundamental format for referencing a book
- Author or a group of authors The surname is followed by the first initials of the first and last names. The year the book was published (in round brackets) is shown. The title of the book (in italics). If it is not the first edition, it is the second (in round brackets).
- It is customary to leave the initial line of each reference as is.
What is the most correct way of referencing a textbook in APA?
The textbook’s author(s) is/are (Year in which the book was published) The textbook’s official title is (Edition number ed.). Publisher.
How do you cite a book in APA 2020?
The following is the fundamental format for an entry in a book’s reference list in accordance with APA style 7th edition:
- Title of the book
- (Year of publication)
- Author(s) of the book
- (Edition number ed.).
How do you cite a book?
An author’s last name and first name are the most fundamental elements of a book citation. The title of the book. Publication information includes the city of publication, the publisher, and the date of publication.
How do you reference a book in-text?
Citations inside the text:
- Use the first few words of the title, or the whole title if it is brief, as given in your reference list, as well as the date. Double quotation marks should be used for the title of an article, chapter, or website
- italics should be used for the title of a journal, book, pamphlet, or report
- and caps should be used for both.
How do you write a reference for a book?
Book references should include the following information:
- In the case of an author or editor, the surname and initial(s) of the author or editor are used. The year in which the book was published. The title (italicized or boldfaced)
- The edition other than the first (if appropriate)
- the second edition
- The location of the publication. The name of the publisher.
How do you cite a book in APA with multiple authors?
When citing a book with eight or more authors in an in-text citation, start with the first author and then add ‘et al.’ at the end. Include the names of the first six writers in the Reference List, then insert three ellipsis points and include the last author’s name at the end of the list. Berman, A., Snyder, S. J., Levett-Jones, T., Dwyer, T., Hales, M., Harvey, N. Berman, A., Snyder, S. J., Levett-Jones, T., Dwyer, T., Hales, M., Harvey, N.
How do you cite a book in APA 6th edition?
Author(s) of the book – a family name and initials, which can be used for several writers if necessary. (Year in which the book was published) The title of the book is italicized (Edition number ed.). Publisher is responsible for the publishing.
How do you APA cite a chapter in a book?
Making a Reference to a Book Chapter: Print version
- In-Text Citation (Paraphrase):
- (Author’s Last Name of Chapter, year)
- In-Text Citation (Direct Quote):
- (Author’s Last Name of Chapter, year, page number)
- General Format:
- In-Text Cit References:
- Chapter Last name and first initial of the author. The second initial is pronounced “Second Initial.” (Year). Examples of chapter or article titles are as follows:
What are the examples of reference books?
Almanacs, atlases, dictionaries, directories, encyclopedias, and indexes are just a few examples of the types of reference books available. Reference materials are particularly beneficial when you are just getting started on a topic and need to brush up on your understanding of it.