Can you drive around Ireland in a week?
If you are planning a trip to Ireland and only have 5 days for your itinerary, then modify this Ireland road trip route to fit that length of time.
If you have two weeks, consider spending a few days in each location to really take in what Ireland has to offer such as gorgeous beaches and beautiful waterfalls!
What is the best way to tour Ireland?
The Perfect Ireland Itinerary
- Stop 1: Dublin.
- Stop 2: Killkenney.
- Stop 3: County Waterford & County Wexford.
- Stop 4: Cork.
- Stop 5: Killarney National Park.
- Stop 6: Dingle Peninsula.
- Stop 7: Cliffs of Moher & The Burren.
- Stop 8: Galway.
Is it easy to self drive in Ireland?
Ireland is a small country; one can cross it in any direction in just a day of car travel, so a self-driving vacation is a simple and straightforward way to see this attractive green island. With a bit of planning and booking, it is possible to look forward to an ideal Irish driving vacation.
Can you drive around Ireland in a day?
Ring of Kerry (360 kilometers or 224 miles): The “most beautiful drive in Ireland” takes you on an all-day loop around the Kerry peninsula. Stop at the possibly 4,000-year-old stone forts for a glimpse into Ireland’s ancient past. It’s amazing what they could build without mortar.
Is driving in Ireland hard?
Driving in Ireland is not difficult , but you may want to rent an automatic car rather than one with a stick shift. Yes, it is more expensive, but the convenience is worth it if you’re not used to driving on the left. If you normally drive a manual transmission shifting with the left hand should not be a problem.
How many days do you need in Galway?
What should you not miss in Ireland?
If self-driving isn’t for you, you can always base yourself in Dublin and take day trips like these:
- Cliffs of Moher day trip.
- Blarney Castle and Cork day trip.
- Wild Wicklow and Glendalough tour.
- Galway and Connemara day trip.
- County Kerry day trip (including Dingle)
- Aran Islands day trip.
How many days do you need to see Ireland?
How do I see Ireland in 5 days?
Your 5 Day Epic Ireland Tour can be broken down as follows:
- DAY 1: Dublin.
- DAY 2: Kilkenny, Tipperery, Cork (southeast)
- DAY 3: Kerry (west)
- DAY 4: Cork, Clare, Galway (closer to north, western)
- DAY 5: Athlone, Kildare, Offaly, Meath (center); Dublin.
Is the drive to Cliffs of Moher scary?
According to the poll, the most dangerous drive in the country is to the Cliffs of Moher in Clare.
What is the speed limit in Ireland?
Rules of the road
The speed limits in Ireland are as follows: 50 kph in built up areas. 80-100 kph on open roads. 120 kph on dual carriageways and motorways.
What is the best city to stay in Ireland?
The ActiveMe Top Destinations in Ireland 2015 are:
- Killarney, Co. Kerry – south west of Ireland.
- Westport, Co. Mayo – west of Ireland.
- Valentia Island, Co.
- Kinsale, Co.
- Dublin City – east of Ireland.
- Galway City – west of Ireland.
- Tralee, Co.
- Inishowen, Co Donegal – north of Ireland.