How do publishers distribute books?
Expanded distribution mirrors the traditional model of book distribution, where your book is stored at a warehouse, then shipped out when an online retailer or wholesaler orders copies.
Online retailers sell directly to readers, while wholesalers typically supply brick-and-mortar bookstores.
How do you get your book printed and published?
Below we’ve outlined some steps to take that will get you started in the self-publishing process!
- Step 1: Edit/Proofread.
- Step 2: Apply for an ISBN and Copyright.
- Step 3: Format Your Book.
- Step 4: Design Your Book Cover.
- Step 5: Make Sure Your Files Are Print-ready!
- Step 6: Place an Order and Submit Your Files.
How do you distribute books on Amazon?
- Step 1: Make your book. Use our layout tools or upload a PDF.
- Step 2: Create your listing. Choose a book from your dashboard, and click ‘Sell my book’.
- Step 3: Set your price. For your chosen book, set your price under the Sell & Distribute tab for the listing.
- Step 4: Promote your book.
How much does it cost to distribute a book?
The cost of publishing a book varies greatly but self-published authors can expect to spend anywhere from $100-$2500 to publish a book based on additional book production costs like editing, cover design, formatting, and more, which we cover.