What are the cheapest Greek islands?
Find cheap flights to Athens or flights to Greece here.
- Serifos. The small island of Serifos, only two hours by catamaran from Piraeus, should be at the top of everyone’s list.
26 Jul 2011
Is Greece a cheap holiday destination?
Home to beautiful islands, incredible history, delicious food, and a rambunctious party scene, Greece is an amazing destination that really does offer something for everyone. Most people don’t think of Greece as a cheap destination. “Greece is definitely not cheap, especially not Athens.3 Feb 2020
What is the cheapest Greek island for a holiday?
What is the nicest island in Greece?
The 5 Best Greek Islands
- Santorini. My favorite island in Greece is Santorini.
- Mykonos. The best nightlife and clubbing in Greece is found on Mykonos.
- Crete. The largest Greek island and rich with beaches, historical sights, hikes, and small cities.
- Naxos. The most family-friendly island in Greece is Naxos.
18 Oct 2019
Which Greek island is the least touristy?
8 Non-Touristy Cyclades Islands You Should Visit
- Donousa. Located east of Naxos and north of Amorgos, the northernmost island of Donousa is located in the Small Eastern Cyclades.
- Anafi. Located at the edge of the Cyclades, Anafi has so far been protected from the mass tourism the other islands have known.
Is Croatia cheaper than Greece?
The Greek Isles are world famous, but so is Dubrovnik, the coastal town and top tourist destination in Croatia. In general, Greece is more expensive than Croatia. Still, costs in Croatia are relatively low when compared to Greece.
How expensive is a trip to Greece?
How Much Does it Cost to go to Greece?
3 more rows
How much does a holiday to Greece cost?
How much money will you need for your trip to Greece? You should plan to spend around €110 ($120) per day on your vacation in Greece, which is the average daily price based on the expenses of other visitors. Past travelers have spent, on average, €28 ($30) on meals for one day and €22 ($24) on local transportation.
Why is Greece so expensive?
Greece is expensive because the country uses the euro. The euro is very expensive vs the dollar, hence Greece’s prices are forced to be set at a rate perceived as high by US visitors. Actually Greece is expensive because the tourism industry got greedy. Just like it did in Spain.