The 22 best self-help books, according to Goodreads members
Self-help books by Malcolm Gladwell, Marie Kondo, and Eckhart Tolle are among the most popular among Goodreads users. Goodreads is the world’s largest platform for rating and reviewing books, with over 125 million users rating and reviewing books on topics ranging from habit formation to relationship strengthening.
What is the number 1 best-selling self-help book?
‘The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People’ is one of the best-selling self-help books, having sold over 40 million copies since its 1989 publication.
What is the number one self-help book?
“How to Win Friends and Influence People” is the best self-help book according to Goodreads members, with over 700,000 ratings and an average rating of 4.21 stars.
What are the top 10 best-selling self-help books?
The All-Time Top 15 Best-Selling Self-Help Books
- Think and Grow Rich.
- The Alchemist.
- You Can Heal Your Life.
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad.
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.
- Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff… And It Is All Small Stuff.
- Who Moved My Cheese?
Which self-help book should I buy?
With the best self-help books, you can get to where you need to be.
- Stephen R. Covey’s The 7 Habits of Highly Successful People
- Dale Carnegie’s How to Win Friends and Influence People
- Eckhart Tolle’s The Power of Now: A Guide To Spiritual Enlightenment
- Napoleon Hill’s Think and Grow Rich
Do self-help books really help?
Despite their popularity, self-help books have received a lot of criticism. No effect: While people may enjoy reading (or simply owning) self-help books, they do not work because the advice is either common sense or overly simplistic, and people do not act on it.
How can better myself?
Here are some ideas for incorporating self-improvement into your daily routine and letting go of self-critical thoughts.
- Try a digital detox.
- Use positive self-talk.
- Practice random acts of kindness.
- Eat at least one meal mindfully.
- Get enough sleep.
- Breathe consciously.
What is best selling book?
The 25 All-Time Best-Selling Books
- Don Quixote (500 million copies sold) is number one
- A Tale of Two Cities (200 million copies sold) is number two
- The Lord of the Rings (150 million copies sold) is number three
- The Little Prince (142 million copies sold) is number four
- and Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone (107 million copies sold) is number five.
Where do I start self-help books?
Books for a Fresh Start in Self-Improvement
- You Are a Badass Every Day. by Jen Sincero.
- Queer Eye. by Antoni Porowski, Tan France, Jonathan Van Ness, Bobby Berk, and Karamo Brown.
- The Minimalist Home. by Joshua Becker.
- Run for Your Life. by Mark Cucuzzella, MD.
- Bella Figura.
How do you write a self love book?
Do’s and Don’ts for Writing a Self-Help Book
- Share Your Credentials. DO THIS: Use your professional experience and credentials to establish yourself as an expert in the field related to your book.
- Keep it Structured.
- Give Readers a Game Plan.
How do you read self-help books for free?
Self-Help Books are available for free.
- Free self-help book collections online:
- PublicBookshelf. Read free self-help books online at PublicBookshelf’s self-help section.
- FreeBooks.com has 13 free self-help eBooks for download.
- Barnes and Noble.
- Health, Mind, and Body: Self-Help.