How to listen to audiobooks: Free apps vs. paid subscriptions
Audiobooks are now easier than ever to listen to in those spare moments of your day, with dozens of apps to choose from and a slew of compatible devices, audiobook listeners have a plethora of options, as well as a plethora of choices, depending on your listening style.
First, get your hardware in order
Audiobooks can be listened to on a smartphone, tablet, or even an Apple Watch, and you can use any headphones or Bluetooth speaker you have; there’s no need to be picky about the audio delivery device you use.
Use a paid audiobook app…
Apple Books is an Apple-only option where audiobooks are sold individually, while Amazon’s Audible app has an on-demand catalog and a $14.95 monthly subscription.
What device is best for listening to audiobooks?
Part 2: The Top 5 Audible Book Devices
- The Apple iPod Touch must be at the top of the list when it comes to the best device for listening to Audible books.
- Kindle Paperwhite.
- Amazon Echo.
What should I do when listening to audiobooks?
Here are twenty non-work-related things to do while listening to audiobooks.
- Do a jigsaw puzzle.
- Sit on the beach (or the park, your porch, a hammock, etc.)
- Color in a coloring book.
- Play with a fidget spinner (or thinking putty)
What is the best way to listen to audiobooks on iPhone?
The best audiobook apps for iPad and iPhone are listed below.
- Google Play Books.
- Nook Audiobooks.
- LibriVox Audio Books.
How can seniors listen to audiobooks?
The best audiobook players for seniors are listed below, along with a detailed review of each model.
- Amazon Fire HD 10 Tablet. $149.99.
- 2020 Apple iPad with 10.2 inch Display. $329.00.
- Use Audiobook.com on an Existing Device.
- Sony Walkman (E390 Series)
- AGPTEK A02S MP3 Player | Amazon.com.
How do you know what time to listen to audiobooks?
When your u201cto readu201d list is growing faster than you can read it, audiobooks are a great way to pass the time. Here are seven times I listen to audiobooks during the day: 1. While you pursue another hobby.
- While you’re out walking.
- In the shower.
- In the car.
- At bedtime.
- While you’re doing chores.
- While you’re waiting.
- While you’re doing something else.
Can you work and listen to audiobooks?
It’s difficult to find free time to read between work, exercise, kids, and other responsibilities; that’s the beauty of audiobooks! You can connect one to your car via Bluetooth and listen during your commute, or if you have the ability, you can listen to one at work.
Can you play video games while listening to audiobooks?
I enjoy some good house, story-based games because they help me listen to audiobooks. At the end of the day, any game can be played while listening to audiobooks u2013 but I recommend avoiding FPS and other games that require a lot of concentration when reading!
How do I put audiobooks on my iPhone 2020?
To sync audiobooks to your iPhone, follow these steps:
- Connect your iPhone to your computer.
- Open Finder and select your iPhone from the sidebar.
- Select “Audiobooks” from the drop-down menu.
- Select “Sync audiobooks onto [your iPhone name]” from the drop-down menu.
What is the best app for free audio books?
Apps for listening to audiobooks for free
- Loyal Books has a large collection of free public domain audiobooks.
- Overdrive is another audiobook app available through your library.
Are audio books good for dementia?
Listening to books on tape, CD, or MP3 can improve memory, sharpen decision-making skills, reduce stress, improve sleep, and delay cognitive decline. We explain how audio books work and where to find them, including two free sources.
Can Alexa read books?
Alexa can read you books from Amazon’s Kindle service and audiobooks from Audible, and you can listen to them on your Echo device if you own ebooks from Amazon’s Kindle service or audiobooks from Audible.