Best Types Of Used Books To Sell On Amazon: Advice For New Booksellers
What types of used books sell best on Amazon, and are there any books that sell better than others? These are all important questions to consider when purchasing and reselling books on Amazon.
Book Categories that Do Best on Amazon
When it comes to buying and reselling used books, the following is a cheat sheet of the best and worst books to focus on. It all comes down to efficiency and focusing on the book categories that tend to be more profitable than others. Other sellers may have a completely different experience or opinion on which books sell best.
A cheat sheet of the best and worst book categories
According to Business Insider’s analysis of the best-selling titles from across the UK booksellers’ websites and e-book sellers, the following are the best books to sell on Amazon: Book Categories That Tend to Do Well for Business.
The “best” books will depend on who you ask
Different booksellers will have different opinions on this, but there are some books you can be pretty sure will be a waste of time scouting. Just remember that the type of book doesn’t always matter; it all depends on the book.
Experience does help
Many of you may be new to selling books online, and while experience does play a big role in determining which books sell better, it doesn’t really matter when you add a scanner to the equation. It never hurts to learn more and grow.
Why book scanners are a must
You really need a book scanner to know which books will make you money; I couldn’t sell books without one because my efficiency would suffer. Book scanners are useful because they provide me with the exact information I need: price and sales rank.
Getting back to basics: Factors that make a book profitable
There are a few factors that determine whether a book is profitable, regardless of niche: if you use Amazon FBA, you will incur long-term storage fees; the lower the sales rank, the higher the demand; and the lower the sales rank, the higher the demand.
Types of Books to avoid: Books that don’t do well on Amazon
Which niches should you avoid when reselling books on Amazon? Here are some books I tend to avoid, primarily because I have to scan a lot more books to find a book I can resell, and market prices can be driven down too quickly.
In general, you should avoid bestselling books because there are so many used copies of that title available at thrift stores, libraries, and other places that the increased supply causes people to compete and lower their prices more quickly.
When the best sellers are okay to sell
When a book has millions of copies in print, there are millions of used copies out there, especially when you consider the time it took you to scout for books. When deciding whether or not to buy the best seller books, all you have to do is look at the price.
Novels and cheap paperback books will not provide a good return on investment because there are simply too many older novels filling large bookshelves of thrift stores and library sales. In comparison to non-fiction books, imagine scanning 30 books to find a winner.
What’s your experience?
Which books are the most popular, and which do you avoid?
What are the best type of books to resell?
Top 10 Amazon FBA Book Categories for Reselling
- Here are the top ten book genres that I look for at any used bookstore, library sale, or thrift store:
- Fiction Hardcovers. I know, I know.
What books have high resale value?
20 Iconic Books You Probably Have That Are Now Valuable
- J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone (1997)
- Dr. Seuss’s The Cat in the Hat (1957)
- Arthur Conan Doyle’s The Hound of the Baskervilles (1902)
- The Bible (1600 u2013 1630)
- Rudyard Kipling’s The Jungle Book and The Second Jungle Book (1894-1895):
What is the best way to sell used books?
You can sell your books on a variety of sites, including eBay and Abebooks, but Amazon is the best place to sell them because it is the world’s largest and most-trafficked bookstore. By selling books yourself on Amazon, you can list your book in the u201cNew and Usedu201d section of a book’s Amazon page.
What kind of used books sell best on Amazon?
What are the best-selling books on Amazon?
- Textbooks would have to be the “gold standard” of used books to sell on Amazon.
- Niche books.
- Comic books.
Will Amazon buy my used books?
Pros: Through its Textbooks Trade-In program, Amazon will buy almost any book imaginable. When logged in, Amazon populates the buyback page with suggestions to sell previous Amazon purchases; however, you can trade in other books with an ISBN, and shipping is included.
Can you make a living selling books on Amazon?
Adding books to your Amazon business model can be a profitable way to stock your inventory with high ROI items for established Amazon sellers, and newbie sellers can buy a lot of books for not a lot of money.
What are the most profitable books?
The 25 All-Time Best-Selling Books
- Don Quixote (500 million copies sold) is number one
- A Tale of Two Cities (200 million copies sold) is number two
- The Lord of the Rings (150 million copies sold) is number three
- The Little Prince (142 million copies sold) is number four
- and Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone (107 million copies sold) is number five.
How do I know if my book is worth money?
Fill out this form with enough information to generate a list of comparable copies. You don’t have to include every word of the title or author’s name.
What antique books are worth money?
7 extremely rare books that could be worth a lot of money
- J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone. Helen Fielding’s Bridget Jones’s Diary. F. Scott Fitzgerald’s The Great Gatsby.
- J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Hobbit.
- Trainspotting by Irvine Welsh.
- George Orwell’s Animal Farm.
- William Golding’s Lord of the Flies.
What should I do with used books?
How to Recycle Your Old Books in 10 Easy Steps
- Bring your gently used books to your local library.
- Donate to a local charity.
- Make some gift tags.
- Recycle your unusable books.
- Sell or give them away online.
- Create a “Free Books” box.
Are old books worth anything?
A beaten-up old book that is falling apart will have little value. Book collectors seek out first editions, and a first edition is usually more valuable than a later printing. A first edition signed by the author will have even more value.
Does Barnes and Nobles buy used books?
They’ll only accept books in good condition, which means no mildew stains, missing pages, or a lot of underlined text. Books that are found to be in poor condition will be destroyed, and you won’t be paid for them.
How many self published books are successful?
The cat is out of the bag, and we now know how many self-published authors make it big: 40. That’s not a typo: 40 self-published authors “make money,” while the rest, numbering in the hundreds of thousands, don’t.
How do I sell my books on eBay 2020?
What is the best way to sell books on eBay?
- Install the eBay app.
- Search eBay for the book you want to sell.
- Click “sell one like this.”
- Edit the listing to make sure it’s accurate.
- Add your own photos.
- Select Media Mail as your shipping method.
- Decide whether or not you want to accept returns.
How do I sell books on Amazon for credit?
Submit a Trade-In Request
- Go to the Trade-In Store.
- Look for eligible items.
- Add items to your trade-in submission.
- Select the condition of your item(s) based on the criteria listed.
- Select what to do if your item is in a worse condition than selected.