Goodreads Top 100 Literary Novels of All Time (105 books)
The “Top 100 Literary Novels of All Time List” is a list of 100 literary novels recommended by the Goodreads Serious Literature Group for voting by all Goodreads Members. A book’s total score is based on multiple factors, including the number of people who have voted for it and how highly those voters ranked the book.
Some of the most popular novels of the twentieth century include A Confederacy of Dunces, Infinite Jest, Brideshead Revisited, and To Kill a Mockingbird, with Pale Fire, The Magic Mountain, The Maltese Falcon, and The Life and Opinions of Tristram Shandy rounding out the top ten. Cat’s Eye, An American Tragedy, and The Adventures of Augie March also make the list.
Are there any 5 star books on Goodreads?
Where do you start when looking for the best books to read? You could look up “five star books on Goodreads,” but you’ll find Twilight in the top five, which, while many of you love it, isn’t exactly the epitome of top-notch writing.
What books do the successful read?
My personal top six list of must-read books is as follows:
- Jack Canfield’s The Success Principles. Stephen Covey’s Seven Habits of Highly Effective People. Don Miguel Ruiz’s The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom. Brendon Burchard’s The Motivation Manifesto. Ryan Holiday’s The Obstacle is the Way.
What are the 3 most important books?
These are the books that have had the greatest impact on literature.
- Geoffrey Chaucer’s Canterbury Tales. Dante Alighieri’s Divine Comedy. William Shakespeare’s Complete Works. Herman Melville’s Moby Dick. George Orwell’s 1984. Aldous Huxley’s Brave New World. Homer’s The Iliad and Odyssey.
What’s wrong with Goodreads?
One of the biggest issues with Goodreads is that it’s confusing, at times to the point of being unusable, due to its many sections and clumsy web design. Goodreads is, and has always been, the best for keeping track of book lists.
What is the most read book in 2020?
Best Sellers in Books in 2020
- #1. A Promised Land. Barack Obama.
- #2. Too Much and Never Enough: How My Family… Mary L.
- #3. Where the Crawdads Sing. Delia Owens.
- #4. My First Learn to Write Workbook: Practice for…
- #5. Midnight Sun.
- #6. Untamed.
- #7. If Animals Kissed Good Night.
What is a good score on Goodreads?
Books with a Goodreads average of 4.5 and more than 50,000 ratings. Books with a Goodreads average of 4.5 and more than 50,000 ratings.
Why are there no half stars on Goodreads?
After much research and debate, Goodreads has decided against implementing half stars, owing to the added complexity that half stars would bring to the rating system.
What should I read in 2020 fiction?
The 10 Most Anticipated Fiction Books in 2020
- Brit Bennett’s The Vanishing Half.
- Douglas Stuart’s Shuggie Bain.
- Hilary Mantel’s The Mirror and the Light.
- A Children’s Bible, Lydia Millet.
- Ayad Akhtar’s Homeland Elegies.
- I Hold a Wolf by the Ears, Laura van den Berg.
- Megha Majumdar’s A Burning.
What kind of books billionaires read?
These books influenced some of the most memorable careers of our time, ranging from fiction to self-help.
- Oprah Winfrey. Title: u201cThe Seat of the Soulu201d
- Elon Musk. Title: The u201cFoundationu201d series.
- Richard Branson. Title: u201cPeter Panu201d
- Meg Whitman.
- Bill Gates.
- Mark Cuban.
- Peter Thiel.
What is considered the greatest book of all time?
The All-Time Greatest Books
- 1. Marcel Proust’s In Search of Lost Time. 2. James Joyce’s Ulysses. 3. Miguel de Cervantes’ Don Quixote.
- 4. Gabriel Garcia Marquez’s One Hundred Years of Solitude.
- 5. F. Scott Fitzgerald’s The Great Gatsby.
- 6. Herman Melville’s Moby Dick.
- 7. Leo Tolstoy’s War and Peace.
What is the best religion book in the world?
Religions based on Abraham
- The Hidden Words.
- Days of Remembrance.
- Epistle to the Son of the Wolf.
- The Four Valleys.
- Gems of Divine Mysteries.