40 Best Books of 2021 (So Far) – Most-Anticipated Books to Read in 2021
Our list of the best books of 2021 is in full swing, with new releases from some of our favorite authors. While some of these titles may not yet be on shelves, you should still preorder them. Joan Didion’s collection of essays, Let Me Tell You What I Mean, is a must-read. Rachel Hawkins’ twist on classic gothic romance The Wife Upstairs will leave you breathless.
The Echota family is forever changed after their son Ray-Ray is killed in a police shooting. Abigail Dean’s Girl A is a heartbreaking story about family dynamics. This Close to Okay is by turns dark, humorous, and almost sneakily insightful. Four women from very different walks of life compete in a cooking competition to become a celebrity chef.
When Flora discovers a secret her husband has been keeping from her, it makes her question their decades-long marriage. Julianna Margulies’ memoir Unsettled Ground is deeply personal and relatably universal. While Justice Sleeps is a juicy legal thriller that takes us inside the courtroom.
Ashley C. Ford’s memoir, Somebody’s Daughter, is both deeply satisfying and painful at the same time. Kelsey McKinney’s novel, God Spare the Girls, feels like walking across a crispy lawn. There’s something dark lurking beneath the pink toe shoes and elegant relevu00e9s at the Durant ballet school in this novel.
What books should I read in 2021?
So Far, the Must-Read Books of 2021
- Andy Weir’s Project Hail Mary.
- Kazuo Ishiguro’s Klara and the Sun.
- Greg McKeown’s Effortless.
- Gold Diggers. by Sanjena Sathian.
- Stacey Lee’s Luck of the Titanic.
- Ibram X’s Four Hundred Souls.
- People We Meet on Vacation. by Emily Henry.
- Crying in H Mart. by Michelle
What are the must read books right now?
We were able to escape in 2020 thanks to the help of 24 brilliant books.
- 1.’Luster’ by Raven Leilani.
- 2.’The Underground Railroad’ by Colson Whitehead.
- 3.’Waterland’ by Graham Swift.
- 4.’The Water Dancer’ by Ta-Nehisi Coates.
- 5.’A Promised Land’ by Barack Obama.
- 6.’Still Life’ by Louise Penny.
What are the top 10 best selling books right now?
WORK OF FICTION
- The Midnight Library by Matt Haig.
- The Night She Disappeared by Lisa Jewell.
- The Noise by James Patterson
- J. D. Barker.
- Malibu Rising by Taylor Jenkins Reid.
- L. A. Weather by Mara Amparo Escandu00f3n.
- The Heron’s Cry by Ann Cleeves.
What’s everyone reading right now 2020?
The Top 100 Books to Read in 2020
- Anne Enright’s Actress
- Deirdre Mask’s The Address Book
- Kevin Young’s African American Poetry (Editor)
- Julia Alvarez’s Afterlife
- William Gibson’s Agency
- Eddie S. Glaude Jr.’s Begin Again
- Aminatou Sow and Ann Friedman’s Big Friendship
- Patrik Svensson’s The Book of Eels
What is the most read book?
The Bible is the most widely read book in the world, having sold 3.9 billion copies in the last 50 years. The Holy Quran is the second most widely read book in the world.
What is the most sold book 2020?
These are the year’s best-selling books.
- A Promised Land by Barack Obama (2,574,531 copies sold)
- Midnight Sun by Stephenie Meyer (1,311,147 copies sold)
- Dog Man by Dave Pilkey (1,240,277 copies sold)
- Mary L.
- Suzanne Collins, The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes (1,235,099 copies sold)
Who has sold the most books ever?
J. K. Rowling’s Harry Potter series is the best-selling book series in history, with more than 500 million copies sold worldwide.