40 Best Books of 2021 (So Far) – Most-Anticipated Books to Read in 2021
Our list of the best books of 2021 is in full swing, with new releases from some of our favorite authors. While some of these titles may not yet be on shelves, you should still preorder them. Joan Didion’s collection of essays, Let Me Tell You What I Mean, is a must-read. Rachel Hawkins’ twist on classic gothic romance The Wife Upstairs will leave you breathless.
The Echota family is forever changed after their son Ray-Ray is killed in a police shooting. Abigail Dean’s Girl A is a heartbreaking story about family dynamics. This Close to Okay is by turns dark, humorous, and almost sneakily insightful. Four women from very different walks of life compete in a cooking competition to become a celebrity chef.
When Flora discovers a secret her husband has been keeping from her, it makes her question their decades-long marriage. Julianna Margulies’ memoir Unsettled Ground is deeply personal and relatably universal. While Justice Sleeps is a juicy legal thriller that takes us inside the courtroom.
Ashley C. Ford’s memoir, Somebody’s Daughter, is both deeply satisfying and painful at the same time. Kelsey McKinney’s novel, God Spare the Girls, feels like walking across a crispy lawn. There’s something dark lurking beneath the pink toe shoes and elegant relevu00e9s at the Durant ballet school in this novel.
What is a good book to read right now?
These Are the 40 Most Anticipated New Books in 2021
- Courtesy of Harper.
- Let Me Tell You What I Mean.
- The Wife Upstairs: A Novel.
- Summerwater: A Novel.
- How the One-Armed Sister Sweeps Her House: A Novel.
- Life Among the Terranauts.
- The Removed: A Novel.
What are book clubs reading in 2021?
2021 Book Club Selections
- Mateo Askaripour’s Black Buck. Kristin Hannah’s The Four Winds. Naima Coster’s What’s Mine and Yours. Sarah Penner’s The Lost Apothecary. Gabriela Garcia’s Of Women and Salt. Sally Hepworth’s Malibu Rising. David Yoon’s Version Zero.
What are the top 10 best selling books right now?
WORK OF FICTION
- The Midnight Library by Matt Haig.
- The Night She Disappeared by Lisa Jewell.
- The Noise by James Patterson
- J. D. Barker.
- Malibu Rising by Taylor Jenkins Reid.
- L. A. Weather by Mara Amparo Escandu00f3n.
- The Heron’s Cry by Ann Cleeves.
What’s everyone reading right now 2020?
The Top 100 Books to Read in 2020
- Anne Enright’s Actress
- Deirdre Mask’s The Address Book
- Kevin Young’s African American Poetry (Editor)
- Julia Alvarez’s Afterlife
- William Gibson’s Agency
- Eddie S. Glaude Jr.’s Begin Again
- Aminatou Sow and Ann Friedman’s Big Friendship
- Patrik Svensson’s The Book of Eels
What are book clubs currently reading?
The ideal selection for your book club
- Miranda Cowley Heller’s The Paper Palace (2021)
- Maggie Shipstead’s Great Circle (2021)
- Alexis Henderson’s The Year of the Witching (2021)
- James Baldwin’s The Fire Next Time (1963)
- Lisa Jewell’s The Night She Disappeared (2021)
- Jenni Fagan’s Luckkenbooth (2021)
What book should I recommend for my book club?
Recommendations from the Book Club
- All the Light We Cannot See (Hardcover)
- The Nightingale (Hardcover)
- Me Before You (Me Before You, #1)
- The Book Thief (Hardcover)
- Little Fires Everywhere (Paperback)
- A Gentleman in Moscow (Paperback)
- Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine (Hardcover)
- The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry (Hardcover)
What is the number one book of 2021?
Nadia Owusu’s Aftershocks: A Memoir, B. B. Alston’s Amari and the Night Brothers, Michelle Zauner’s Crying in H Mart, and Anne Lamott’s Dusk, Night, Dawn: On Revival and Courage are among the best books of 2021 (so far).
What is the most popular book?
The Holy Bible is the most widely read book in the world, having sold over 3.9 billion copies in the last 50 years. It is also the most recognizable and well-known book ever published. The Bible is a collection of many different preachings based on God and the Lord Jesus Christ.