The 10 Best Books on Creativity (To enrich your mind)
Reading is my passion and the love of my life; as a child, I used to devour books in one evening sitting. If you want to be a writer, you must do two things above all else: read a lot and write a lot.
10: It’s Not How Good You Are, It’s How Good You Want To Be, By Paul Arden
When Victoria Beckham was a teenager, her ambition was to become “as famous as Persil Automatic.” Paul Arden manages to blow the wind out of your sails and convince you that with grit and elbow grease, you can achieve anything.
9: Think Like Da Vinci, By Michael Gelb
Leonardo Da Vinci is credited with many inventions, the most notable of which are an early helicopter and parachute. His favorite principle is Curiosita, which means to be insatiably curious and always asking questions.
8: Start with Why, By Simon Sinek
The book Start With Why by Simon Sinek can help you understand how to inspire others as well as define your own purpose in life; once you know why you do what you do, everything else falls into place.
7: Confessions Of An Advertising Man, By David Ogilvy
David Ogilvy’s Confessions Of An Advertising Man is required reading for anyone who wishes to lead or build a creative agency. “I was poor, unknown, and in a hurry,” Ogilvy says of how he built his successful advertising agency.
6: A Technique For Producing Ideas, By James Webb Young
I couldn’t explain how I came up with ideas when I first started writing; I just did. As I learned more about how the brain worked, I gained insight into regaining control of this skill. A 48-page book is a concentrated powerhouse that can show you the steps to generate an idea.
5: Made To Stick, By Chip and Dan Heath
They outline the six elements (SUCCESS) that contribute to making ideas’sticky,’ and they illustrate their point with a variety of entertaining stories and metaphors.
4: Lateral Thinking, By Edward De Bono
Lateral Thinking is a set of thinking skills that anyone can learn from Edward de Bonos; I recommend starting with this book and working your way through his catalog if you want to improve your ‘thinking’ skills.
3: The War of Art, By Steven Pressfield
The War of Art by author Steven Pressfield is a must-read for anyone who struggles with self-doubt; the author uses short chapters and anecdotes to illustrate how we can overcome our demons and start doing what we really want to do.
2: The Element, by Ken Robinson
Ken Robinson gave one of my favorite TED talks about how creativity is educated out of us, describing The Element as “the point at which natural talent meets personal passion.”
1: Flow, by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
Flow by Mihaly Mihalko is a life-changing book that delves into the state of ‘flow’ and how we can achieve it. “If you don’t have time to read, you don’t have time to write,” the author says.
What do you read for creativity?
Books to Help You Unleash Your Imagination
- You Are an Artist. by Sarah Urist Green.
- Big Magic. by Elizabeth Gilbert.
- Creative Confidence. by Tom Kelley and David Kelley.
- The Artist’s Way. by Julia Cameron.
- Atomic Habits. by James Clear.
- How to Be an Artist. by Jerry Saltz.
How can books improve creativity?
I hope you enjoy it!
- U201cFlowu201d by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi.
- U201cLateral Thinkingu201d by Edward de Bono.
- U201cSteal Like an Artistu201d by Austin Kleon.
- U201cThe Creative Habitu201d by Twyla Tharp.
- U201cThe Talent Codeu201d by Daniel Coyle.
- U201cCreativityu201d by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi.
- U201cDaily Rituals
How do you think creatively book?
10 Books on Creativity You Should Read
- Edward de Bono’s Serious Creativity. Michael Michalko’s Cracking Creativity. Frans Johansson’s The Medici Effect. James Webb Young’s A Technique For Producing Ideas. Scott Belsky’s Making Ideas Happen. Alex Osborn’s Applied Imagination.
Do books improve creativity?
Reading forces the reader to focus and conquer distractions, and it is this focus that acts as a catalyst for us in creative fields (designers, writers, marketers, and so on). Focus and concentration are just two of the many benefits of reading books that help you be a creative.
How do you improve creativity?
Here are nine things you can do to boost your creativity.
- Unplug (Or Just Do Nothing)
- Set the Right Mood.
- Use the Six Thinking Hats Technique.
- Ask For Advice or Feedback.
- Learn Through Collaboration.
- Do Something You Love.
- Find Inspiration From Other Industries.
- Unplug (Or Just Do Nothing).
How do I become more artistic?
9 Ways to Boost Your Creativity as an Artist
- Keep an art-related idea journal.
- Make an art ideas bulletin board.
- Make an idea treasure chest.
- Pay attention to your energy levels.
- Split your art projects into smaller pieces.
- Quit (or modify) art projects that are boring.
What is the best self help book to change life?
In 2021, here are the top 30 self-help books to read.
- #1 Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert. #2 Marie Kondo’s Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up. #3 Tina Lifford’s The Little Book of Big Lies: A Journey into Inner Fitness. #4 Brian Tracy’s The Power of Self-Discipline. #5 Jen Sincero’s You Are A Badass.
What kind of books can boost people’s imagination?
The Top 10 Books to Help You Expand Your Imagination
- It’s Not How Good You Are, It’s How Good You Want To Be.
- Gu00f6del, Escher, Bach.
- The Ocean at the End of the Lane.
- The Mysteries of Harris Burdick.
- The Penguin Book of Curious and Interesting Numbers.
- It’s Not How Good You Are, It’s How Good You Want To Be
How do I open my imagination?
Here are ten ideas to help you expand your imagination.
How can I be creative in life books?
These 40 books will assist you in unlocking and enhancing your creative thinking.
- Making Ideas Happen: Overcoming the Obstacles Between Vision and Reality u2013 Scott Belsky.
- Things I’ve Learned in My Life u2013 Stefan Sagmeister.
What is a creative thinking?
Creative thinking skills are techniques used to look at the issue from different and creative angles, using the right tools to assess it and develop a plan. Creative thinking skills are techniques used to look at the issue from different and creative angles, using the right tools to assess it and develop a plan.
What are creative thinking techniques?
9 techniques for you and your team to be more creative
- Negative brainstorming.
- The Insights Game.
- Mood boards.
- Random Words (Random Input)
- Metaphorical thinking.
Is reading considered creative?
Reading, despite its reputation as a passive and receptive activity, is a creative activity in and of itself, as well as a key component of many other creative processes.
Does reading fiction increase creativity?
“These findings suggest that reading fictional literature could lead to better procedures of processing information generally, including those of creativity,” the researchers wrote.
Does reading fiction make you more creative?
According to research conducted at the University of Toronto, readers of literary fiction are more creative thinkers and open-minded than nonfiction readers, and reading fiction aids them in decision-making and better judgment.