- Amazon.com — Offers virtually every type of book imaginable, as well as numerous collectors’ and rare editions. AbeBooks — This site specializes on rare books and is an excellent resource for learning about book prices. Valorebooks.com — This website mostly focuses on secondhand textbooks (if you are a student, you should check them out).
How do you find really old books?
Search engines that specialize on rare and ancient books may be found on a number of different websites.
- It is possible to look for books on Alibris in a number of methods, which makes it a popular site. You may search through hundreds of books and compare prices on similar copies with the Book Finder application. On the Internet, Abe Books is one of the most popular places to look for used books.
How can I get old books for cheap?
Whatever you’re looking for, the most appropriate website for your requirements is mentioned here!
- AbeBooks. It goes without saying that AbeBooks.
- Better World Books
- Book Mooch
- Half Price Books
- Book Outlet
- and a slew of other sites are among the greatest locations to find inexpensive books online.
What are really old books called?
Dan’s response: An antique book is a book that is valuable because it is a one-of-a-kind physical thing. The worth of a book may be derived from the edition, the quality of the printing, binding, or artwork, the provenance, and other factors; but, the book is not regarded just as a container for the material contained inside it.
Where can I find old books in India?
- (716) Archaeological Survey of India (716)
- Central Secretariat Library (4854)
- Digital Library of India (22) Digital Library of India (22)
- Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts (589)
How do I know if my book is worth money?
Visit abebooks.com or bookfinder.com to find out how much your books are worth. You may also make money by selling on these websites or on eBay. Dealers make an instant payment of around one-third of the retail price.
What old books are worth?
Visit abebooks.com or bookfinder.com to determine the worth of your books. Alternatively, you may sell your products through these websites or on eBay. Dealers receive payment immediately, often in the amount of one-third of the total retail cost.
- J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone (1997)
- Dr. Seuss’s The Cat in the Hat (1957)
- Arthur Conan Doyle’s The Hound of the Baskervilles (1902)
- The Bible (1600 – 1616)
- The Jungle Book and The Second Jungle Book (both published by Disney)
- (1894-1895) Rudyard Kipling’s quotations:
Is ThriftBooks com trustworthy?
Thriftbooks is a completely legitimate company. It is widely considered to be one of the top online e-commerce platforms for books available. ThriftBooks is one of the most reputable websites for finding used books on the internet.
Is ThriftBooks a good company?
ThriftBooks Customer Service was named in the top three for America’s finest customer service among online bookstores for the third year in a row in 2020, with Amazon and Powell’s Books, which has been in business for 50 years. Our customer rating on Trustpilot remains at “Excellent,” despite the fact that we have received over 730,000 reviews.
Where can I get books for free?
12 sites where frugal bookworms may get their hands on the greatest free e-books
- Google’s eBookstore is a great resource. The Google eBookstore has an entire area dedicated to free e-books that may be downloaded. Project Gutenberg is a non-profit organization dedicated to the dissemination of information. More than 60,000 free electronic books are available through Project Gutenberg
- the Open Library
- the Internet Archive
- and LibraVox
- among other sources.
Who collect old books?
The love of books is referred to as bibliophilia, and someone who enjoys reading, admiring, and collecting books is referred to as a bibliophile. A bibliophile can also be referred to as a bibliolater, which means someone who is overly devoted to books, or a bookman, which is another term for someone who enjoys reading and admiring books.
How old does a book have to be to be antiquarian?
Many serious and experienced antique book collectors are concentrating their efforts on locating works from the 16th century and earlier in time. Generally speaking, goods are deemed “antiques” if they have been in existence for 100 years or more, as most antique collectors and fans are aware.
What’s an antiquarian book?
Antiquarian books are used books that have a certain amount of worth due to the fact that they are uncommon. If you decide to pursue a career in the antiquarian sector, you will most likely acquire and sell antique items such as antique furniture, paintings, and coins. Rare and rare editions of books are available for purchase at an antique book store.
Is ThriftBooks available in India?
Customers all around India may now browse and shop for over 6 million books through the ThriftBooks India Storefront on the Amazon.in Marketplace, which is officially open for business.
Can we sell old books on Amazon?
To start selling books on Amazon, you’ll need to create an Amazon seller account first. Afterwards, you may sell books on Amazon by offering your new or used books as items on the website. You have the option of shipping the books you sell on Amazon directly to the consumer or using Amazon Fulfillment to fulfill the orders.