- Donations are collected in the Bookstore from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Donations in the form of books can be sent to Housing Works at 126 Crosby Street (attn: General Donations), New York, NY 10012. If you require tax receipts, please let us know. For information about early closings, please visit this page. Book Thug Nation is interested in purchasing books in these topic areas.
How do I dispose of old books in NYC?
Donations of old books can also be made to the Brooklyn Public Library, which has a central location at Grand Army Plaza. NYC Books Through Bars is a program that sends books directly to those who are jailed and have requested them.
Where is the best place to donate used books?
The Most Effective Places to Donate Used Books
- The following resources are available: your local library, your neighborhood Little Free Library, a school or community book drive or fundraiser, Freecycle, reputable charities, local faith-based organizations, your neighborhood thrift store, local museums and other cultural organizations, and online resources such as Wikipedia.
Does NYC library accept book donations?
Libraries in New York City will consider collecting most sorts of books and textbooks from donors, provided that the materials are in acceptable condition and that the library staff believes the donated volumes will be appropriate for the library’s circulating collection.
How can I donate unwanted books?
Book Donations Accepted by Charities in the City of London
- LCBP stands for London Children’s Book Project. Prior to being given to their partner organizations, the books contributed to this foundation are cleaned and classified by age and subject matter. Books for the city of London. A lot of charities are represented, including the Octavia Foundation, the British Heart Foundation, Oxfam, and Fara Charity Shops.
How do I dispose of hardcover books in NYC?
The inside pages of hardcover books that are out of date or no longer needed must be removed from the binding of the book. Afterwards, you may recycle the internal pages as you normally would with regular paper. The hardcover bindings should be disposed of in a proper manner.
What will Salvation Army not take?
There are several products that The Salvation Army donation center will not take due to recalls or government regulations on reselling, such as particle board furniture, metal workstations, TV armoires, and baby equipment (such as high chairs and car seats). But don’t get too worked up over it. You may sell those items with the usage of an app.
What to do with old hardcover books?
Despite the fact that you can throw away your hardcover books, we encourage that you donate your books instead. They may be donated to a local thrift store or used book store so that others can benefit from them! You may also recycle the internal pages of a hardback book by removing the cover and binding from the book.
What can I do with books I no longer want?
To Whom Should You Give Books You No Longer Need?
- Libraries. The majority of libraries accept book contributions and sell the books as part of a Friends of the Library fundraising event. Thrift stores in the neighborhood. Goodwill accepts a wide range of items in addition to clothing. Prisons. Prisons and schools are in severe need of secondhand books. Schools could also be interested in your secondhand books.
Can you put books in the recycle bin?
When it comes to paperback novels, you may recycle the entire book, which includes the binding. It is recommended that you toss away your books and periodicals with your household garbage if they have been wet or the paper has turned tan or brown, as there is no market for this type of material.
How do I donate books to the library in NYC?
Please contact the New York Public Library at [email protected] The New York Public Library’s gift policy may be found here. An inventory list or a representative sample of the contribution may be requested by the New York Public Library. We will purchase your books, and we may even pick up and ship your books if you have a significant collection of books to sell.
Can you donate books to the Brooklyn library?
Send an email to [email protected] to reach out to the NYPL staff. This page contains information about NYPL’s gift policy. An inventory list or a representative sample of the contribution may be requested by NYPL. We will purchase your books, and we may even pick up and ship your books if you have a large collection of books to sell!
Is NYPL accepting donations?
If your books are in good condition and meet our requirements, we will accept contributions through the mail or in person at our Midtown office. Please send an email to [email protected] with a list of your items, their condition, and the quantity you have available.
Can I donate books to my local library?
Acceptable contribution criteria may be available from your local library. A gift book is accepted by most public libraries in the United States, with the stipulation that the library has complete discretion over whether to preserve the book in its collection, sell it to earn revenue for the library, or reject it entirely.
Are Webuybooks safe?
Acceptable contribution standards can be obtained from your local library. A gift book is accepted by most public libraries in the United States, with the stipulation that the library has complete discretion over whether to preserve the book in its collection, sell it to earn revenue for the library, or reject it altogether.
Where can I donate academic books?
2. Donate your books to charity:
- Better World Books.
- A local charity.
- Goodwill or the Salvation Army.
- Pickup Please.
- Your local library.