How do I find a book if I only remember the cover?
Big Book Search: If you can only remember what the cover looks like, try this cover-search tool.
If you can remember just one word of the title, use the search function on Goodreads or Library Thing to find long lists of titles with a particular word.
How do you find a book if you forgot the title and author?
Start Your Book Search With Google
In case of a forgotten title or author, you have to remember anything you can use from the book. It could be the name of a character, a line of dialog, or even basic plot points. The more specific the phrase, the better the result.
How do you find a book you don’t remember the name of?
- Write down the most memorable thing that’s happened in the book that’s most likely not in any other book.
- It can also help if you remember a phrase, quote, or a particular paragraph of the book.
- If it’s a novel, you can try to write down anything you remember from the plot.
How do I find the description of a book?
Below, we’ve gathered a few useful ways you can find a book from a vague description.
4 Ways to Find a Book from a Vague Description
- Google it. Many book lovers may be familiar with Google Books.
- Turn to the expertise of strangers through social media.
- Search on BookBub’s website.
- When in doubt, ask your librarian.