How do I design my own book cover?
How to design a book cover in 7 steps
- Find inspiration and ideas for your cover.
- Choose your cover design software.
- Find free images or use Shutterstock.
- Decide on your cover’s dimensions.
- Get your typography right.
- Make sure you export the correct files.
- Test your designs.
26 Oct 2018
What makes a good book cover design?
Here’s what makes for a good book cover:
- Focusing on the big picture.
- Strong composition.
- An intriguing focal point.
- Clear title and subtitles.
- Simplistic book cover design.
5 Jul 2019
Why book cover design is important?
A book cover creates the first impression on its potential readers. Therefore, a book cover design is one of the most important aspects of marketing a book. If the cover is not designed well, you will loose sales. A successful book cover needs to make a reader ‘feel’ the manuscript rather than ‘tell’ about it.16 Apr 2018
What information goes on the back cover of a book?
If you are a novelist, your back cover should provide a short summary of what your book is about. Write only a paragraph or two, and include the hooks—the story’s most engaging plot points. If you queried agents or editors at any point, you might be able to start with the hook from your query letter.13 Aug 2015