Use the new Google Books
Some books are provided by publishers, while others are scanned as part of the Library Project, and you can read, download, or preview them on Google Books. Important: Some of these features may not be available on mobile devices.
Try the new Google Books
You can try the new Google Books here, or: Go to Google Books, search for any book, and then click on the title.
Go back to classic Google Books
Go to Google Books and search for any book. Click the title of the book. If you are viewing pages of a book, click Close. Return to classic Google Books here on your computer or mobile device.
Search within a book
Go to Google Books and search for the title, author, ISBN, or keywords. Select a title and click Search in this book at the top of the window.
Buy, borrow, or download a book
Go to Google Books and search for the title, author, ISBN, or keywords. You may find providers where you can buy the book under “Buy Print” or “Buy Digital.” You can also search in different libraries using Search WorldCat.
Cite a book
Go to Google Books and search for the title, author, ISBN, or keywords. Select a title, then click Create citation under “About this edition.” Select your citation format.
Add a book to your library
To add a book to your library from a computer, go to Google Books and search for the title, author, ISBN, or keywords. Add a title under “Add to my library.” Next to the title, click My library next to “Search Google books.”
If you have a problem with a book you bought, contact the retailer who sold it to you. To look for the book in a library, click Get the book0 0Search WorldCat on the menu bar. If you own the book and want Google Books to show more of it, claim it.
How to find reviews
Go to Google Books and search for the title, author, ISBN, or keywords. Once you’ve found a title you like, go to the menu bar and select Reviews, or scroll down to “Review” under the “Overview” tab.
What can you read Google Books on?
Google books are available to read on a dedicated Books section on the Google Play website, via a mobile app for Android/iOS, and via select e-readers that support Adobe Digital Editions.
How do I read Google Books?
How to Use Google Books Classic
- Go to Google Books and search for the title, author, ISBN, or keywords.
- Do an advanced search to see how much of the book you can see.
- Click a title.
- Follow the steps below to download, cite, link, or translate the book.
How can I read Google Books for free?
To get started, follow these steps:
- Enter your author or work title in the search box.
- Select the All prices pull down menu at the top of your result list and choose free.
- Click on the free eBook you want, click the Free button, and start reading or downloading to your Google Play app.
Is Google Books free?
Details. Google Books results appear in both the general Google Search and the dedicated Google Books search website (books.google.com). Full view: Public domain books can be viewed in their entirety and downloaded for free.
Is Google Books safe?
All buyers must have Google Accounts in order to purchase books on Google Play; we have well-established security measures in place, which are used by all Google products, to help keep users’ accounts secure; and online access to books on Google Play has no expiration date.
How can I read books for free?
5 Ways to Get Free Books on the Internet
- Open Culture.
- Open Library.
- Project Gutenberg.
- The Library of Congress.
- Google Books. Google Books has a large catalog of free eBooks available online, which you can add to your library and read on the go.
What is a good book to read?
At Least Once In Their Lives, Everyone Should Read These 30 Books
- Harper Lee’s To Kill a Mockingbird.
- George Orwell’s 1984.
- J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone.
- J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Lord of the Rings.
- F. Scott Fitzgerald’s The Great Gatsby.
What is the best app for free books?
Apps for Reading for Free
- BookFunnel. A great way to discover new authors with freebie chapters, short stories, and even novels.
- FB Reader.
- Oodles eBook Reader.
Can you read full books on Google Books?
We can also show the Full Book View if you find a book that isn’t copyrighted (you can learn more about public domain books in Google Books here).
How can I download Google Books for free?
How to Download Free Google Books EBooks
- Go to https://books.google.com.
- Books that are available for ‘Full View’ can be easily downloaded.
- Select ‘Fill View’ from the Drop-down if you only want to look for free ebooks.