30 Great Books to Suit Any Mood or Interest
Anthony Bourdain’s World Travel: An Irreverent Guide may pique your interest in future travels. Cynthia D’Aprix Sweeney’s Good Company provides an insider’s look at New York theater and Hollywood. Delia Owens’ Where the Crawdads Sing encourages you to commune with nature. Ann Patchett’s The Dutch House is an artful portrait of a dysfunctional family. Susan Choi’s novel Trust Exercise won the 2019 National Book Award
Jia Tolentino’s debut collection of essays interrogates everything from millennial scammers to the Internet, and Trick Mirror is compulsively readable thanks in large part to self-reflection and autobiographical elements.
Swearing Is Good For You, by Emma Byrne, and The Shortest Way Home, by Miriam Parker, are two books about two Hollywood stars who break up but find themselves needing each other more than ever. What You Don’t Know About Charlie Outlaw, by Leah Stewart, is about two Hollywood stars who break up but find themselves needing each other more than ever.
What books should I read in 2020?
The 10 Most Anticipated Fiction Books in 2020
- Brit Bennett’s The Vanishing Half.
- Douglas Stuart’s Shuggie Bain.
- Hilary Mantel’s The Mirror and the Light.
- A Children’s Bible, Lydia Millet.
- Ayad Akhtar’s Homeland Elegies.
- I Hold a Wolf by the Ears, Laura van den Berg.
- Megha Majumdar’s A Burning.
What books should I read in 2021?
So Far, the Must-Read Books of 2021
- Andy Weir’s Project Hail Mary.
- Kazuo Ishiguro’s Klara and the Sun.
- Greg McKeown’s Effortless.
- Gold Diggers. by Sanjena Sathian.
- Stacey Lee’s Luck of the Titanic.
- Ibram X’s Four Hundred Souls.
- People We Meet on Vacation. by Emily Henry.
- Crying in H Mart. by Michelle
What is the hottest book right now?
Books that are extremely popular right now
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children, #1)
- Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1)
- Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2)
- The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)
- Room (Kindle Edition)
What are the top selling books of 2020?
These are the year’s best-selling books.
- A Promised Land by Barack Obama (2,574,531 copies sold)
- Midnight Sun by Stephenie Meyer (1,311,147 copies sold)
- Dog Man by Dave Pilkey (1,240,277 copies sold)
- Mary L.
- Suzanne Collins, The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes (1,235,099 copies sold)
What’s everyone reading right now 2020?
The Top 100 Books to Read in 2020
- Anne Enright’s Actress
- Deirdre Mask’s The Address Book
- Kevin Young’s African American Poetry (Editor)
- Julia Alvarez’s Afterlife
- William Gibson’s Agency
- Eddie S. Glaude Jr.’s Begin Again
- Aminatou Sow and Ann Friedman’s Big Friendship
- Patrik Svensson’s The Book of Eels
What are the top 10 best selling books right now?
WORK OF FICTION
- The Midnight Library by Matt Haig.
- The Night She Disappeared by Lisa Jewell.
- The Noise by James Patterson
- J. D. Barker.
- Malibu Rising by Taylor Jenkins Reid.
- L. A. Weather by Mara Amparo Escandu00f3n.
- The Heron’s Cry by Ann Cleeves.
What are the top 10 most read books in the world?
The World’s Top 10 Most Read Books
- 3.9 billion copies of the Bible
- 820 million copies of Mao Tse-tung’s quotations
- 400 million copies of Harry Potter
- 103 million copies of Lord of the Rings
- 65 million copies of The Alchemist
- 57 million copies of The Da Vinci Code
Who has sold the most books ever?
J. K. Rowling’s Harry Potter series is the best-selling book series in history, with more than 500 million copies sold worldwide.
Is the Bible the most sold book in the world?
The Bible, unsurprisingly, is at the top of the list, with more than 5 billion copies printed according to the Guinness Book of World Records; other religious texts are also high on the list, with the Quran having 800 million copies and the Book of Mormon having 120 million.