Suggested Reading for Masons – Grand Lodge of NH, Free & Accepted Masons
Bro. S. Brent Morris’ The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Freemasonry [Amazon, Barnes & Noble]
What books do Freemasons study?
Discover the best freemasonry books, including:
- John J Robinson’s Born in Blood: The Lost Secrets of Freemasonry.
- Robert Lomas’ The Hiram Key.
- Manly P.’s The Lost Keys of Freemasonry.
- Christopher Hodapp’s Freemasons for Dummies.
- Christopher Hodapp’s Solomon’s Builders.
Do Freemasons accept anyone?
Men of every country, religion, race, age, income, education, and opinion are welcome in Freemasonry.
Who is the most famous Freemason?
The Most Influential Freemasons in History
- After founding his own society, Benjamin Franklin became a Mason.
- George Washington performed Mason rites when breaking ground at the Capitol.
- Somehow Mozart became a Mason and composed 600 pieces of music.
- Simu00f3n Bolvar was a 33rd degree mason.
What are the 3 principles of Freemasonry?
Integrity, Friendship, Respect, and Charity are four important values for Freemasons that help define their path through life. In today’s world of uncertainty, these principles ring as true now as they have at any point in the organization’s history.
What do Freemasons do?
Masonic secrets are said to be behind everything from the planning of our nation’s capital to murder. Members of the enigmatic Masonic brotherhood include prominent politicians, Founding Fathers, and business titans, and Masons are known for donating millions of dollars to charity in modern times.
What is the Freemason code?
The Masonic Cipher is a geometric simple substitution cipher that encrypts messages by replacing letters with symbols. It has a 26-character key that replaces every character in the alphabet with a different symbol.
What do the Masons believe in?
To become a Freemason, an adult male must believe in the existence of a supreme being and the immortality of the soul, as well as the teachings of Freemasonry, which encourage morality, charity, and adherence to the law of the land.
What are the ranks in the Masons?
All Masonic jurisdictions share the same offices.
- Worshipful Master.
- Senior Warden.
- Junior Warden.
How do you become a Mason If you are a woman?
A woman must be related to a member of the Ancient Arabic Order of the Nobles of the Mystic Shrine or a Master Mason by birth, marriage, or adoption, be at least 18 years old, and have lived in the Court area where membership is desired for at least six months.
What US presidents were Freemasons?
Presidents of the United States who are Masons
- Buchanan, James, 1791-1868.
- Garfield, James A. ( James Abram), 1831-1881.
- Harding, Warren G. ( Warren Gamaliel), 1865-1923.
- Jackson, Andrew, 1767-1845.
- Jefferson, Thomas, 1743-1826.
- Johnson, Andrew, 1808-1875.
- Madison, James, 1751-1836.
What does G mean in Masonic symbol?
Another reason for the “G” is to remind Masons that Geometry and Freemasonry are synonymous terms, with Geometry being described as the “noblest of sciences” and “the foundation upon which the superstructure of Freemasonry and everything in existence in the entire universe is erected.”
Who is the leader of the Masons?
Prince Edward, Duke of Kent, the current Grand Master of England and Wales, was elected in 1967 and has been re-elected every year since.
What do Masons do at meetings?
In addition to business, the meeting may include a ceremony to confer a Masonic degree or a lecture on a topic related to Masonic history or ritual. The Lodge may also hold a formal dinner, or festive board, at the conclusion of the meeting, which may include toasting and song.
What are Masonic offenses?
MASONIC OFFENSES. Every violation of Masonry’s laws is an offense for which the Mason who commits it may be punished; thus, while it would expel a member who does not believe in God or does not follow the moral law, it ignores ecclesiastical violations.
What are the Masons rules?
The Criteria for Joining a Freemason Lodge
- You must believe in a Supreme Being.
- You must be a man.
- You must be free-born.
- You must be of legal age.
- You must be recommended by at least two existing Freemasons from the lodge you’re petitioning.