10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2021 (So Far) – Best Memoirs, Essays, and True Crime
This list includes true crime, memoirs about identity, and firmament-shattering works that know no bounds, so whatever your nonfiction niche is, there’s something for you here.
Elon Green’s Last Call is a gripping true crime story about the Last Call Killer, combining a decades-long forensic investigation with a moving elegy to murdered men. George Saunders’ A Swim in a Pond in the Rain encapsulates his characteristic generosity and humanity of artistic outlook.
What are the most popular non-fiction books right now?
2020’s Top Ten Nonfiction Books
- The Dead Are Arising, Les Payne and Tamara Payne.
- Vesper Flights, Helen Macdonald.
- The Undocumented Americans, Karla Cornejo Villavicencio.
- Having and Being Had, Eula Biss.
- Hitler: Downfall, Volker Ullrich.
What should I read in 2021 non-fiction?
2021’s Most Anticipated Nonfiction Books
- Ibram X. edited Four Hundred Souls
- Anna Malaika Tubbs’ The Three Mothers (February 2, 2021)
- Elizabeth Kolbert’s Under a White Sky (February 9, 2021)
- Jenny Lawson’s Broken (In The Best Possible Way) (April 6, 2021)
- Patrick Radden Keefe’s Empire of Pain (April 13, 2021)
What non-fiction book should I read?
Nonfiction books that are required reading
- Stephen Hawking’s A Brief History of Time. Maya Angelou’s I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings. Truman Capote’s In Cold Blood. Dee Brown’s Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee. John Hersey’s Hiroshima. Helen Macdonald’s H is For Hawk. Oliver Sacks’ The Man Who Mistook His Wife For a Hat.
What is the most popular book right now 2020?
Maybe this year wasn’t so bad after all: Here Are 2020’s Best-Selling Books
- Barack Obama’s ‘A Promised Land.’ Nicholas Sparks’ ‘The Return.’ Glennon Doyle’s ‘Untamed.’ Suzanne Collins’ ‘The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes.’ Brit Bennett’s ‘The Vanishing Half.’ Ruth Ware’s ‘One by One.’
What are the 10 best selling books?
The Top 10 Best-Selling Books of All Time are as follows:
- THE BIBLE.
- QUOTATIONS FROM CHAIRMAN MAO TSE-TUNG.
- THE QURAN.
- THE LORD OF THE RINGS.
- THE LITTLE PRINCE.
- HARRY POTTER AND THE PHILOSOPHER’S STONE.
- SCOUTING FOR BOYS.
- AND THEN THERE WERE NONE.
What non fiction should I read this summer?
Summer 2021’s Must-Read Nonfiction Books
- Dedicated: The Case for Commitment in an Age of Infinite Browsing.
- The Extended Mind: The Power of Thinking Outside the Brain.
- Extra Life: A Short History of Living Longer. Dedicated: The Case for Commitment in an Age of Infinite Browsing.
Can a novel be non fiction?
With his book In Cold Blood (1965), American writer Truman Capote claimed to have invented the nonfiction novel, which tells the story of real people and real events using the dramatic techniques of a novel.
Why you should read non fiction?
1) After reading non-fiction, one gains a better understanding of reality; whereas fiction can transport you to another world, non-fiction allows you to learn about real people and their lives. 2) Non-fiction enlightens one with a specific idea of subjectivity. 4) Non-fiction helps readers become more practical.
How long should a non fiction book be?
Traditional publishers typically expect completed nonfiction book manuscripts to be between 50,000 and 75,000 words, with most placing restrictions on authors and requiring that the manuscript not exceed a certain word count unless special concessions are made.
How many pages should a non fiction book be?
Book Lengths in the Sweet Spot For my self-publishing client base, which includes experienced consultants, coaches, and speakers, I find that a good book length is between 40,000 and 70,000 words, or 160-280 pages, which is long enough to feel substantial but not too long to intimidate potential readers.
Does fiction mean fake?
Our Fiction Department also has a large selection of popular movies and television shows on DVD. “Nonfiction” refers to literature that is based on facts.
What book sold the most in 2020?
These are the year’s best-selling books.
- A Promised Land by Barack Obama (2,574,531 copies sold)
- Midnight Sun by Stephenie Meyer (1,311,147 copies sold)
- Dog Man by Dave Pilkey (1,240,277 copies sold)
- Mary L.
- Suzanne Collins, The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes (1,235,099 copies sold)
Are books still popular 2020?
According to the latest figures from the Association of American Publishers, sales of consumer books were up 19.1% in February, at $646 million, and up more than 20% year to date, with $1.3 billion in revenue, indicating that the trade or consumer book industry will grow by 9.7% in 2020.