Harper Lee’s novel To Kill a Mockingbird is one of my all-time favorite books, which I read during my freshman year of high school. It is a coming-of-age story with drama.
The Great Gatsby, Fahrenheit 451, and Animal Farm are all high school books to read this year. Fahrenheit 451 is set in a dystopian society where books are banned and firemen start fires. Animal Farm is an allegory for the events of the 1917 Russian Revolution. Death of a Salesman won the Pulitzer Prize for Drama and the Tony Award for Best Play.
Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck is one of the most well-known novels of all time, and Lord of the Flies by William Golding is a great book for high school students. Aldous Huxley’s Brave New World emphasizes the impossibility of the American Dream.
What are the 3 most important books?
These are the books that have had the greatest impact on literature.
- Geoffrey Chaucer’s Canterbury Tales. Dante Alighieri’s Divine Comedy. William Shakespeare’s Complete Works. Herman Melville’s Moby Dick. George Orwell’s 1984. Aldous Huxley’s Brave New World. Homer’s The Iliad and Odyssey.
What books do you read in senior year?
Yearbooks for Seniors
- Hamlet (Paperback) by William Shakespeare.
- Wuthering Heights (Paperback) by Emily Bront.
- The Handmaid’s Tale (The Handmaid’s Tale, #1) by Margaret Atwood (Goodreads Author)
- The Awakening (Paperback) by Kate Chopin.
- Hard Times (Paperback) by Tim O’Brien.
What are the top 3 most read books?
We’ve compiled a list of the most widely read books in history.
- The Holy Bible.
- The Holy Quran.
- J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter Series.
- Chairman Mao Tse Tung’s Quotations.
- The Lord of the Rings.
- The Alchemist.
- Anne Frank’s Diary.
- Stephenie Meyer’s Twilight Saga.
What is considered the greatest book of all time?
The All-Time Greatest Books
- 1. Marcel Proust’s In Search of Lost Time. 2. James Joyce’s Ulysses. 3. Miguel de Cervantes’ Don Quixote.
- 4. Gabriel Garcia Marquez’s One Hundred Years of Solitude.
- 5. F. Scott Fitzgerald’s The Great Gatsby.
- 6. Herman Melville’s Moby Dick.
- 7. Leo Tolstoy’s War and Peace.
What is the hardest book to read?
The Top 25 Most Difficult Books You’ll Ever Read
- James Joyce’s Finnegans Wake (1939)
- William Faulkner’s The Sound and the Fury (1929)
- Geoffrey Chaucer’s The Canterbury Tales (14th Century)
- Gabriel Garcia Mu00e1rquez’s One Hundred Years of Solitude (1967)
- Thomas Pynchon’s Gravity’s Rainbow (1973)
What is the most read book in high school?
Here are a few of the most popular books on high school reading lists:
- Most schools’ lists include Shakespeare’s Macbeth
- Romeo and Juliet is also on the list
- and Shakespeare’s Hamlet, a story about an angst-ridden prince whose father has been murdered by his uncle, is also on the list.
What books should a 14 year old read?
A teenager may want to do a variety of things in order to be cool or fit in. Fiction Books
- Jasper Jones.
- Life of Pi.
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone.
- The Martian: Classroom Edition.
- Life of Pi.
What is the 2 most read book in the world?
The Holy Quran is the world’s second most read book, and according to a survey, it is not only the most read book in the Islamic world, but also the most recited book of all time. Quotation from Mao Tse u2013tung’s works is the world’s third most read book.
What are the 10 most read books?
The World’s Top 10 Most Read Books
- 3.9 billion copies of the Bible
- 820 million copies of Mao Tse-tung’s quotations
- 400 million copies of Harry Potter
- 103 million copies of Lord of the Rings
- 65 million copies of The Alchemist
- 57 million copies of The Da Vinci Code
What are the top 3 purchased books in 2020?
These are the year’s best-selling books.
- A Promised Land by Barack Obama (2,574,531 copies sold)
- Midnight Sun by Stephenie Meyer (1,311,147 copies sold)
- Dog Man by Dave Pilkey (1,240,277 copies sold)
- Mary L.
- Suzanne Collins, The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes (1,235,099 copies sold)
What are the 10 best-selling books?
The Top 10 Best-Selling Books of All Time are as follows:
- THE BIBLE.
- QUOTATIONS FROM CHAIRMAN MAO TSE-TUNG.
- THE QURAN.
- THE LORD OF THE RINGS.
- THE LITTLE PRINCE.
- HARRY POTTER AND THE PHILOSOPHER’S STONE.
- SCOUTING FOR BOYS.
- AND THEN THERE WERE NONE.
What is the hottest book right now?
Books that are extremely popular right now
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children, #1)
- Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1)
- Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2)
- The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)
- Room (Kindle Edition)