21 Best Romance Books to Read in 2021 – Romantic Novels & Series
Fewer than nine out of every 100 romance books published in 2019 were written by people of color. Latifah Miles named An American Marriage as one of her favorite rom-coms, and Oprah’s Book Club chose The Overdue Life of Amy Byler.
Catherine and Lucy are lovers in the Regency-era book ‘The Lady’s Guide to Celestial Mechanics,’ by Clare Lydon, and ‘Well Met,’ by Jen DeLuca.
What romance book should I read?
Top Romance Books You Should Read
- Evie Dunmore’s A Rogue of One’s Own.
- Eric Jerome Dickey’s The Business of Lovers.
- Helen Hoang’s The Kiss Quotient.
- Dark Song. by Christine Feehan.
- Jane Igharo’s Ties That Tether.
- Something to Talk About. by Meryl Wilsner.
- Fumbled. by Alexa Martin.
- Beach Read. by Emily Henry.
What are the 10 must read romantic novels or series?
The 60 Best Romance Novels to Take Your Breath Away
- Charlotte Bronte’s Jane Eyre
- Leo Tolstoy’s Anna Karenina
- Gabriel Garcia Mu00e1rquez’s Love in the Time of Cholera (Oprah’s Book Club).
- North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell.
- Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice.
- Emma by Jane Austen.
- Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen.
What is the best love story ever written?
The Top 10 Greatest Love Stories Ever Told
- Emily Bront’s “Wuthering Heights”
- Leo Tolstoy’s “Anna Karenina”
- William Shakespeare’s “Romeo and Juliet”
- Murray Burnett’s “Casablanca”
- William Shakespeare’s “A Midsummer Night’s Dream”
- Boris Pasternak’s “Doctor Zhivago”
- Jane Austen’s “Sense and Sensibility”
Who reads romance novels?
The core audience of regular romance readers is estimated to be 29 million, with the extended audience of those who read romance novels on occasion likely to be much larger. 84% of romance novel readers are women, with the largest segment (41%) falling between the ages of 30 and 54.
Who is the most popular romance author?
The Top 10 Romance Authors of All Time
- Jane Austen (1775-1817)
- Charlotte Bront (1816-1855)
- Emily Bront (1818-1848)
- Margaret Mitchell (1900-1949)
- Audrey Niffenegger (1963 u2013 )
- Nicholas Sparks (1965 u2013 )
- Nora Roberts (1950- )
- Jude Deveraux (1947 u2013 )
What is the most popular love story?
One of the most famous love stories in the world literature is William Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet, which tells the story of two teenagers from feuding families who fall in love at first sight and then marry, risking everything for love.
What is romance to a woman?
What is romance? It’s a powerful force that makes you feel more deeply connected to someone; it’s the gestures, big and small, that make you feel especially wooed and cherished by your partner. Romance is what takes your relationship beyond friendship.
Who has written the most romance novels?
Authors of Romance Novels
- Nora Roberts.
- Nicholas Sparks.
- Robyn Carr.
- Carolyn Brown.
- Lisa Kleypas.
- Sarah MacLean.
- Alyssa Cole.
Who is the most romantic man in history?
Five Historical Romantic Men (Who Should Be Made Into A Miniseries)
- #1 E.M. Forster.
- #2 Shah Jahan. Payag, Shah Jahan on Horseback, Folio from the Shah Jahan Album ca.
- #3 Richard Wagner. Richard Wagner and Cosima Wagner by Fritz Luckhardt.
- #4 Peter Abelard. Abu00e9lard by Jules Cavelier.
Who was the world’s most famous lover in history?
Marcus Antonius and Cleopatra VII are arguably the most famous lovers in history, and their story has been retold for over 2,000 years. Popularized by Shakespeare, the lovers were later portrayed in the 1963 film Cleopatra by Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton.
Is Romeo and Juliet the greatest love story?
William Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet, arguably the greatest love story ever written, is renowned for its passion and is one of the most viewed plays of all time, having been republished twice during Shakespeare’s lifetime.
Is it bad to read romance novels?
Women should be wary of romance novels in general, according to new research, because they are addictive, mood- and mind-altering, adultery-inducing distractions that make it impossible for women to put down their books and start worshiping their real husbands.
What age group reads romance novels?
While 70% of romance readers begin reading between the ages of 11 and 18, the majority of romance readers are in their forties and fifties (the average age range is 30 to 54 years old).
What are the effects of reading romance novels?
7 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Reading Romance Novels
- It’s OK To Fall In Love With The Idea Of Love.
- You Learn From Characters’ Mistakes.
- Novels Give You More Freedom Than Romance Movies.
- There Are Genres Within Genres.
- You Deepen Your Understanding Of People And Relationships.