Which book genre is the most popular?
According to Nielsen BookScan, the most popular book genre is romance, which is also the most profitable fiction book genre. The most popular book genre depends on the format and situation – e-books, hardbacks, paperbacks, and magazines are among the best-selling titles in the world.
List of Most Popular Book Genres
Please note that the publishing industry refers to the groups into which books are grouped as ‘genres,’ but if you look at Amazon, you will see that these are referred to as ‘categories.’
Book Genres That Make the Most Money
Some book genres are more profitable per book than others, with Romance/Erotica ($1.44 billion), Crime/Mystery ($728.2 million), Science Fiction/Fantasy ($590.2 million), and Religious/Inspirational ($720 million) topping the list on Amazon.com.
Bestselling Audiobook Genres
Between 2017 and 2018, audiobook sales increased by nearly 25%, reaching nearly $1 billion in 2018. The top five bestselling audiobook genres are literature, fantasy, science fiction, thriller, romance, and young adult.
Least & Most Competitive Book Genres on Kindle
The top ten most competitive Amazon categories are: Romance – Contemporary – Historical – Sci-fi – Fantasy – Science Fiction – Urban Fantasy – Non-fiction – Children’s Books. Some writers are interested in the competitiveness of certain book genres and show interest in learning where publishing opportunities might exist.
What is the most popular type of book right now?
The most popular book genre varies depending on the format and situation: the most popular and profitable fiction book genre is romance; the most popular non-fiction genre is religious and inspirational books; and the most popular audiobook genre is thrillers.
What are the top selling books of 2020?
These are the year’s best-selling books.
- A Promised Land by Barack Obama (2,574,531 copies sold)
- Midnight Sun by Stephenie Meyer (1,311,147 copies sold)
- Dog Man by Dave Pilkey (1,240,277 copies sold)
- Mary L.
- Suzanne Collins, The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes (1,235,099 copies sold)
What are the 10 best-selling books?
The Top 10 Best-Selling Books of All Time are as follows:
- THE BIBLE.
- QUOTATIONS FROM CHAIRMAN MAO TSE-TUNG.
- THE QURAN.
- THE LORD OF THE RINGS.
- THE LITTLE PRINCE.
- HARRY POTTER AND THE PHILOSOPHER’S STONE.
- SCOUTING FOR BOYS.
- AND THEN THERE WERE NONE.
What are the top 10 selling books of 2020?
Best Sellers in Books in 2020
- #1. A Promised Land. Barack Obama.
- #2. Too Much and Never Enough: How My Family… Mary L.
- #3. Where the Crawdads Sing. Delia Owens.
- #4. My First Learn to Write Workbook: Practice for…
- #5. Midnight Sun.
- #6. Untamed.
- #7. If Animals Kissed Good Night.
What is the #1 best selling book 2019?
2019’s Best-Selling Books
- #1. Where the Crawdads Sing.
- #2. Becoming.
- #3. Educated: A Memoir.
- #4. Dog Man: For Whom the Ball Rolls: From the Creator of…
- #5. Girl, Wash Your Face: Stop Believing the Lies…
- #6. Dog Man: Fetch-22: From the Creator of…
- #7. Wrecking Ball (Diary of a Wimpy Kid Book 14)
What books are most popular right now?
Right Now on Goodreads, the 20 Most Popular Books
- Becoming by Michelle Obama.
- Educated by Tara Westover.
- Circe by Madeline Miller.
- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens.
- The Victory Garden by Rhys Bowen.
What is the #1 best selling book of all time?
The 25 All-Time Best-Selling Books
- Don Quixote (500 million copies sold) is number one
- A Tale of Two Cities (200 million copies sold) is number two
- The Lord of the Rings (150 million copies sold) is number three
- The Little Prince (142 million copies sold) is number four
- and Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone (107 million copies sold) is number five.
What is the hottest book right now?
Books that are extremely popular right now
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children, #1)
- Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1)
- Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2)
- The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)
- Room (Kindle Edition)
What is the most read book 2021?
So Far, the Must-Read Books of 2021
- Carlo Rovelli’s Helgoland. Jhumpa Lahiri’s Whereabouts. Amanda Gorman’s The Hill We Climb. Ian Manuel’s My Time Will Come. Julian Sancton’s Madhouse at the End of the Earth. Katy Milkman’s How to Change. Krystal Sutherland’s House of Hollow.
What are best selling books right now?
WORK OF FICTION
- The Midnight Library by Matt Haig.
- The Night She Disappeared by Lisa Jewell.
- The Noise by James Patterson
- J. D. Barker.
- Malibu Rising by Taylor Jenkins Reid.
- L. A. Weather by Mara Amparo Escandu00f3n.
- The Heron’s Cry by Ann Cleeves.
What is the most bought book in the world?
The Bible is the most widely read book in the world, according to writer James Chapman, who compiled a list of the most widely read books in the world based on the number of copies each book sold over the previous 50 years and discovered that the Bible far outsold all other books, with 3.9 billion copies sold.
Who has sold the most books ever?
J. K. Rowling’s Harry Potter series is the best-selling book series in history, with more than 500 million copies sold worldwide.