40 Best Books of 2021 (So Far) – Most-Anticipated Books to Read in 2021
Our list of the best books of 2021 is in full swing, with new releases from some of our favorite authors. While some of these titles may not yet be on shelves, you should still preorder them. Joan Didion’s collection of essays, Let Me Tell You What I Mean, is a must-read. Rachel Hawkins’ twist on classic gothic romance The Wife Upstairs will leave you breathless.
The Echota family is forever changed after their son Ray-Ray is killed in a police shooting. Abigail Dean’s Girl A is a heartbreaking story about family dynamics. This Close to Okay is by turns dark, humorous, and almost sneakily insightful. Four women from very different walks of life compete in a cooking competition to become a celebrity chef.
When Flora discovers a secret her husband has been keeping from her, it makes her question their decades-long marriage. Julianna Margulies’ memoir Unsettled Ground is deeply personal and relatably universal. While Justice Sleeps is a juicy legal thriller that takes us inside the courtroom.
Ashley C. Ford’s memoir, Somebody’s Daughter, is both deeply satisfying and painful at the same time. Kelsey McKinney’s novel, God Spare the Girls, feels like walking across a crispy lawn. There’s something dark lurking beneath the pink toe shoes and elegant relevu00e9s at the Durant ballet school in this novel.
What are best selling books right now?
WORK OF FICTION
- The Midnight Library by Matt Haig.
- The Night She Disappeared by Lisa Jewell.
- The Noise by James Patterson
- J. D. Barker.
- Malibu Rising by Taylor Jenkins Reid.
- L. A. Weather by Mara Amparo Escandu00f3n.
- The Heron’s Cry by Ann Cleeves.
What is the most popular book right now 2020?
Maybe this year wasn’t so bad after all: Here Are 2020’s Best-Selling Books
- Barack Obama’s ‘A Promised Land.’ Nicholas Sparks’ ‘The Return.’ Glennon Doyle’s ‘Untamed.’ Suzanne Collins’ ‘The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes.’ Brit Bennett’s ‘The Vanishing Half.’ Ruth Ware’s ‘One by One.’
What type of books are trending right now?
What are the most popular book genres right now?
- Crime and Thriller.
- Religious and Self-help.
- Children’s Books u2013 Humor.
- Fantasy and Sci-fi u2013 Young Adult.
- Fantasy and Sci-fi u2013 Young Adult.
What are the 10 best selling books?
The Top 10 Best-Selling Books of All Time are as follows:
- THE BIBLE.
- QUOTATIONS FROM CHAIRMAN MAO TSE-TUNG.
- THE QURAN.
- THE LORD OF THE RINGS.
- THE LITTLE PRINCE.
- HARRY POTTER AND THE PHILOSOPHER’S STONE.
- SCOUTING FOR BOYS.
- AND THEN THERE WERE NONE.
What book sold the most in 2020?
These are the year’s best-selling books.
- A Promised Land by Barack Obama (2,574,531 copies sold)
- Midnight Sun by Stephenie Meyer (1,311,147 copies sold)
- Dog Man by Dave Pilkey (1,240,277 copies sold)
- Mary L.
- Suzanne Collins, The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes (1,235,099 copies sold)
Are books still popular 2020?
According to the latest figures from the Association of American Publishers, sales of consumer books were up 19.1% in February, at $646 million, and up more than 20% year to date, with $1.3 billion in revenue, indicating that the trade or consumer book industry will grow by 9.7% in 2020.
What is the most read book?
The Bible is the most widely read book in the world, having sold 3.9 billion copies in the last 50 years. The Holy Quran is the second most widely read book in the world.
How do you start off a book?
How to Write a Great Hook and Get Your Novel Off to a Flying Start!
- Begin at a life-changing moment.
- Create intrigue about the characters.
- Use a setting as the inciting incident.
- Increase the stakes within the first few pages.
- Introduce something ominous right away.
- Set the mood.
What makes a book popular?
Sharp dialogue: Good books have sharp, memorable dialogue, and bestsellers have dialogue that advances the plot, demonstrates the personalities of your characters, and adds texture to your story’s world.
What is the number one book of 2021?
Nadia Owusu’s Aftershocks: A Memoir, B. B. Alston’s Amari and the Night Brothers, Michelle Zauner’s Crying in H Mart, and Anne Lamott’s Dusk, Night, Dawn: On Revival and Courage are among the best books of 2021 (so far).