r/chess – List of Free Online Chess Resources
Chess24.com is a startup by some European Grandmasters, also very sleek, but essentially a clone of chess.com. Chesstempo.com offers tactics or endgame problems.
Grandmaster Niclas Huscenbeth of Germany demonstrates games and endgame studies; American National Master’s lecture length videos on a variety of topics; Free Books: http://www.chessmaniac.com/chess_ebooks/ –>.
What is the best book to learn chess?
5 Excellent Chess Books for Novices
- Dave Schloss’s Chess 101.
- Bobby Fischer Teaches Chess by Bobby Fischer and Stuart Margulies.
- Jeff Coakley’s Winning Chess Strategies for Kids.
- The Steps Method by Rob Brunia and Cor van Wijgerden.
- Beginning Chess by Bruce Pandolfini.
What is the best free chess site?
5 Best Chess Playing Websites for Free
- Chess.com, Lichess.org, Sparkchess, Chess24, and Playchess.com are some of the websites where you can play chess.
What is the first chess book I should read?
The Idiot’s Guide and GM Yasser Seirawan’s Winning Chess are recommended for beginners, as are Winning Chess openings by Yasser Seirawan, and then Yasser’s Tactics and Endings. The other books are recommended for intermediate to advanced players.
How can I win at chess?
To win a chess game, you must do the following six things:
- Make Good Opening Moves.
- Do Not Give Away Pieces For Free.
- Get Your Pieces In Position.
- Coordinate A King Attack.
- Watch Your Own King’s Safety.
- Always Be A Good Sport.
Is chess good for your brain?
Chess challenges your brain to exercise logic, develop pattern recognition, make visual and analytical decisions, and test your memory, and it can be enjoyed by anyone of any age, so these brain exercises can be a part of your brain’s health for the rest of your life!
What is the most popular chess website?
The top ten websites where you can play chess online
- Chess.com is the internet’s largest online chess community, with over 28 million members.
- Internet Chess Club (ICC)
- FICS: Free Internet Chess Server.
- Red Hot Pawn.
Is Chessable free?
Chessable is a very generous site; you can sign up for free, and there are many free books to study; however, nothing in this world is free; someone has to spend hundreds of hours coding and maintaining a site like this.
How can I learn chess for free?
Here are some of the best chess websites we’ve come across to get you started.
- Chess.com. Chess.com is currently one of the most popular online chess communities in the world.
- Lichess. Lichess is a completely free website for playing and learning chess.
Who invented chess?
Chess was invented in India around the 8th century, and was later renamed chatrang by the Arabs, Persians, and finally medieval Europeans, who changed the names and appearances of the pieces to resemble the English court.
What is the best chess strategy?
How to Become a Chess Champion in 10 Easy Steps
- LEARN THE MOVES. Each chess piece can only move in one direction.
- OPEN WITH A PAWN. Move the pawn in front of either the king or queen two squares forward.
- WATCH YOUR BACK!
- DON’T WASTE TIME.
- U201cCASTLEu201d EARLY.
- LOSE PIECES WISELY.
What is the best chess book for intermediate?
The two best chess books for intermediate players are Jeremy Silman’s “How to Reassess Your Chess” and Jacob Aagard’s “Excelling at Chess,” with Alexander Kotov’s “Think Like A Grandmaster” and “Play Like A Grandmaster” representing absolutely fantastic middlegame literature.
Does Magnus Carlsen read chess books?
Carlsen: “Well, I remember having a collection of public games when I was younger that I really liked, and there were also other game collections that I really liked, but there was no particular player that I modeled my game after. I studied past players. I loved reading about chess, old books, old tournaments, old games, and so on.”
Did Magnus Carlsen write any books?
Butler, Brin-Jonathan: 9781501172601: Amazon.com: Books: The Grandmaster: Magnus Carlsen and the Match That Made Chess Great Again: Butler, Brin-Jonathan: 9781501172601: Amazon.com: Books
Are chess books useful?
Chess books are a great source of information and are essential for chess players of all levels, as you must not only learn the information presented in the book, but also be able to apply it in your own games in order to improve your ELO.