What books are good for 2nd graders?
15 Superb Chapter Books for Second Graders
- Dory Fantasmagory. by Abby Hanlon.
- Ivy and Bean. by Annie Barrows, illustrated by Sophie Blackall.
- Alvin Ho. by Lenore Look, illustrated by LeUyen Pham.
- Like Pickle Juice on a Cookie. by Julie Sternberg, illustrated by Matthew Cordell.
- Junie B. Jones.
- Mercy Watson to the Rescue.
- Ellray Jakes.
- Absolutely Alfie.
What should a 2nd grader be reading?
In 2nd grade reading, your child should be reading 50 to 60 words a minute at the beginning of the school year and 90 words per minute by the end of the year. Make sure she has lots of experiences reading simple books.1 Feb 2019
What are 2nd graders interested in?
The 2nd grade social studies curriculum includes specific topics that vary from state to state, but overall focuses on helping students develop their reading, writing, research, and critical thinking skills as they gain a deeper understanding of history and society and share the new knowledge they learn.
How do you write a summary for a second grader?
Suggested clip 120 seconds
The Simple Summary – YouTube
Start of suggested clip
End of suggested clip